OP
OP
BlingityBling

BlingityBling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude that is awesome great idea. i almost added the 20P cabinet to the today but dang is it spendy + I was hoping it would fit my 40W UV then I could justify it. but sadly it does not. boo
I need to find 2 used ones haha or just not be so cheap. but $726 for a cabinet is a bit much in my book. IDK have seen some nice ikea ones i'll look there then decide.

i'll have time to think about it.

keep us posted! I am fallowing along.
I have a 55W Lifeguard UV and it does just fit there easily, not that I will put it there, but I may. Just how long is your UV? More than 26"?

OP
OP
BlingityBling

BlingityBling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These alignment caps are fantastic. I want to replace my originals with these. Would you please share a link to the file?
Here you go... There's no right or left, just flip it. I made it drop in a hair loose as its purely for alignment.

Attachments

• Stand Piece.zip
    231.2 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
BlingityBling

BlingityBling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are they better they the ome that come with the tank? after you print them let me know how much for a set/ :p
No, not better. The only reason I made them was I noticed my cut up top cabinet slid around a lot so its double sided just to hold things in place. I suppose they could be glued or silicone into place but I like that I can just lift that top piece out of the way if ever need be. I'll make you some if you actually need, they are only good for stacking cabinets though.

Last edited:

Short Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get inspired! I need to see everyone's ideas so I can better figure what I'm doing. It's super helpful. I'm in too deep right now with my budget to muck it up..
Oh mine is EXT200...
Here is a peak... the tank is been sitting here for 5 months dry.
20221128_184200.jpg

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go... There's no right or left, just flip it. I made it drop in a hair loose as its purely for alignment.
Thanks. This is such a simple and elegant solution to a problem that only a few of us crazy people would ever have.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh mine is EXT200...
20221128_184200.jpg
nice! but no build thread? I want to see how you did that. so I am encouraging you to start one! :D
Nice and Clean! Good looking. At least your tank is in place, mine is still in my garage... lol
oh the dreading tang move in my RS 650P sat in the garage for months till I found help. this time around I am gonna get it in faster I hope.

OP
OP
BlingityBling

BlingityBling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small Update...
Got lucky with the stud placement in the wall and all the Radions are mounted and cables are managed. Very happy with the Framingtech pieces. Makes a clean install look and the hinge to swing the light bar up and out of the way is fantastic. I'm waiting on an Amazon order to arrive to see if the radion light extension cords I chose will work proper. I'm thinking they will. $35 bucks for a set of 4 vs Ecotech $60 each x 4 making $240 bucks to get the cords down the inside of the wall and into my bedroom closet where all electronics will be concealed? If I wasted $35 bucks then it was still worth the gamble but from everything I read they have the same voltage specs as Ecotech. We shall see.
Got my extention cables for the Mp40's ready and waiting.
Got the wall painted and a GFCI outlet installed next to the tank.
Started to lay out rock so maybe will be begining the scape soon.
I beleive all my plumbing pieces have arrived but it will still be a while for the sump so I doubt I will be needing them anytime soon.
I have 2 full boxes of Marinepure bio balls getting seeded in my 180's sump so its a bit messy lol
I suppose my next step is the one I've been putting off which is gathering some friend to heave this tank into place.
My girlfriend seems to like the high end sewing station so far :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
My furry friends are not amused at the changes to the house.

Attachments

• IMG_4016.jpg
    IMG_4016.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_4018.jpg
    IMG_4018.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_4036.jpg
    IMG_4036.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4039.jpg
    IMG_4039.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_4041.jpg
    IMG_4041.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_4042.jpg
    IMG_4042.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4045.jpg
    IMG_4045.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4058.jpg
    IMG_4058.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 97

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh mine is EXT200...
20221128_184200.jpg
Your set up does look really clean, especially with the lights you have around it!! I would love to see a build thread of your tank!!

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small Update...
Got lucky with the stud placement in the wall and all the Radions are mounted and cables are managed. Very happy with the Framingtech pieces. Makes a clean install look and the hinge to swing the light bar up and out of the way is fantastic. I'm waiting on an Amazon order to arrive to see if the radion light extension cords I chose will work proper. I'm thinking they will. $35 bucks for a set of 4 vs Ecotech $60 each x 4 making $240 bucks to get the cords down the inside of the wall and into my bedroom closet where all electronics will be concealed? If I wasted $35 bucks then it was still worth the gamble but from everything I read they have the same voltage specs as Ecotech. We shall see.
Got my extention cables for the Mp40's ready and waiting.
Got the wall painted and a GFCI outlet installed next to the tank.
Started to lay out rock so maybe will be begining the scape soon.
I beleive all my plumbing pieces have arrived but it will still be a while for the sump so I doubt I will be needing them anytime soon.
I have 2 full boxes of Marinepure bio balls getting seeded in my 180's sump so its a bit messy lol
I suppose my next step is the one I've been putting off which is gathering some friend to heave this tank into place.
My girlfriend seems to like the high end sewing station so far :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
My furry friends are not amused at the changes to the house.
Your furry friends will appreciate the tank once it's finished, could give them amusing entertainment:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:, but your build is looking great so far!!

Thor2j

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to burst your bubble but I have the 200 peninsula and without flow at the other end you will be very limited where acros can go. My tank is acro dominated. Had to put gyre at end. Ran cable with clips under euro brace. You can barely notice it. Also depending where you put them mp40s will not go nearly far enough across tank. Ended up with tunze pumps. Much better choice for this setup. Ask me how I know all this.

OP
OP
BlingityBling

BlingityBling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to burst your bubble but I have the 200 peninsula and without flow at the other end you will be very limited where acros can go. My tank is acro dominated. Had to put gyre at end. Ran cable with clips under euro brace. You can barely notice it. Also depending where you put them mp40s will not go nearly far enough across tank. Ended up with tunze pumps. Much better choice for this setup. Ask me how I know all this.
You could be very right indeed. This tank build is all new to me as well as a peninsula this long. I had intended to also get the Reefwave 45 but just didn't yet for whatever reason. I've never had a gyre so I'm not sure which to go with or any at all as I hear all the constant maintainence and clogging. I'll also be the first to admit my laziness with such tasks... partly why I'm looking forward to a roller mat over socks. My friends at my LFS wanted to get me a gyre that had orange fins... I said anything in this tank that's orange needs to be a coral lol. So now they mock me that orange fins apparently don't have enough flow... hahaha.
My intent is to keep all my scape at or below 10" high not specifically for flow but to have room for everything to grow upwards. I also plan on having all four powerheads above the mid point. When I get water in it, I intend to drop some airstones in and play with everything for a while to see what I get from moving everything around to different positions. If I need to add stuff to the other end then so be it, but I'm gonna try to avoid it first. It's easy to add stuff as needed after I'm up and running as I've got room for extras in my plan wether needed or not.
I had already been thinking if I ultimately add something to the opposite side, I could do the same and run the wire under the eurobrace for the cleanest look.
I have six nice acro colonies and a bunch of frags growing in my mixed 180 which is six feet long with only 2 WAV powerheads as the sole flow besides the return pump. Admittedly one on each side for balance.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you could take that cable management a step further and run those down inside the wall and pop them out at the bottom using some tv cable cover plates. They come in many different styles.

ECHOGEAR White in Wall Cable Hider for Wall Mount TV - Single Gang Pass Through Pair with Drywall Brackets Included - Manage 8 Low Voltage Cords Behind The Wall - Quick Install with Wall Template https://a.co/d/8ZdHOw2

OP
OP
BlingityBling

BlingityBling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you could take that cable management a step further and run those down inside the wall and pop them out at the bottom using some tv cable cover plates. They come in many different styles.

ECHOGEAR White in Wall Cable Hider for Wall Mount TV - Single Gang Pass Through Pair with Drywall Brackets Included - Manage 8 Low Voltage Cords Behind The Wall - Quick Install with Wall Template https://a.co/d/8ZdHOw2
I'm about a half a step ahead of you lol... But Yes! Great suggestion. I have already put acess panels in the wall under the tank and in my closet for the passing of all cables. The 4 light cords will enter the wall beside the bar with a 1" rubber gromett for a clean edge to the hole and be on the same side of the stud as my access panel so I can fish back into the closet. The closet is made at an angle creating a triangular space in the wall but it's easy to get stuff through. Not the best pics but in the closet you can see the layout I'll be going for from the access panel in there. The panel doors ar 4x6" so plenty of room to run a lot of cords and fat plugs through. I hate to say but I've been thinking about this for a long time lol

Attachments

• IMG_4059.jpg
    IMG_4059.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4060.jpg
    IMG_4060.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4061.jpg
    IMG_4061.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
BlingityBling

BlingityBling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquascape is done...
Used Real Reef Rock this time as I really liked the branching look. 2-30lb boxes of Branch, 40lb of small regular rock, two medium turbinaria, and 4 small turbinaria... some small rock and branches were left over so I'm guessing about 90lbs total used.
Tried to load a video but it kept coming up with an error... oh well.
Lego Sea creatures seem to like it at least lol.

IMG_4162.jpg
IMG_4163.jpg
IMG_4167.jpg
IMG_4169.jpg
IMG_4170.jpg

OP
OP
BlingityBling

BlingityBling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... This tank is a LOT heavier than I thought. 4 of us STRUGGLED but managed somehow. Finally it has it's resting place. Looks great with the stand modifications I think. Aquascape might get a tweak or two but pretty satisfied with the look so far. Fired up the lights for the first time and DANG... Radion Blues are definitely Blue lol. A couple pics are even with an orange filter on the phone.
I ended up with a lot more light spill than expected so I've already designed my own shades. Test printing now... If they look good enough, I'll paint them and cover the insides with reflective tape. Actually even did some ray tracing in the cad to get just the right angle... this should be interesting as the eurobracing will still reflect up some. My first tank like that.

Attachments

• IMG_4200.jpg
    IMG_4200.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_4201.jpg
    IMG_4201.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4202.jpg
    IMG_4202.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_4203.jpg
    IMG_4203.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_4205.jpg
    IMG_4205.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 94

Hockey Stick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Short update today.
I'm not sure if Black Friday Sales are helping or hurting. Stuff is rolling in. The bills are piling up :flushed-face:. On top of the powerheads I wasn't expecting to buy yet... haha... I now have another Apex setup for this tank along with some plumbing and reef rock. Lots more on order just not here yet. Four G6 radions are on the way among other stuff.

Put a fresh coat of paint on the wall and will be changing that outlet to a GFCI. Also, while I know its not the cleanest look, I like to have leak protection under the entire tank because a leak doesnt know to stay on the inside of the cabinet. 4 years ago, I had a 125 leak right in front me. I was just sitting there and heard a sound that I thought was one of the dogs peeing next to me. Looked around, no dog in sight. The tank was taking a leak though, made a heck of a mess and screwed up the ceiling in my basement which is fully finished with carpet and stippled drywall ceiling. So my 180, and now this 200 have a rubber backed mat underneath the whole thing run slightly up the walls so if the worst happens, I can lift the mat edges around either tank propping them up with 2x4's in a hurry to create enough of a basin that the water will stay contained and I can use my Sicce pump to keep it from getting on the floor while I worry about tranferring corals and fish to another tank

So to make a nice looking stand and stealing Sean's idea, I ordered a small APS stand to go between the tank and the wall... Innovative Marine was a small let down as I inquired about them selling me just one door, so I could still have doors on both sides of my peninsula. They said no and the stand wasn't designed to work that way... :face-with-raised-eyebrow: Well, I disagree IM... lol Your stands are completely modular whether you intended it or not. So, unfortunately for me I had to buy a second stand just to get a door. Thing that makes me stew is why won't they sell me random parts when if I called and said it was damaged, they would send it then for free... Don't think I didn't consider it either as one piece on the second stand arrived dented and they aslready sent out another of the same... Guess I should have said the door was busted too... I'm just not built that way though. Sooooo... with almost an entire second stand, I had another stolen, or modified idea haha! I measured the height of the tank and cut the other stand verticles to match. If all goes well, it will look fairly nicely built in when all in place. I cut down one of the pvc panels to make removable magnetic panels for each side as I intend to have plumbing near the top to acess. Pictures show roughly how it should go.

Had another idea to see if hooking up this apex, which will be in a closet behind the tank wall, which was instead of worrying about keeping track of labels and cords, I could just color code everything. So with 8 outlets on a powerbar, I found 8 different color extention cords to run through the wall and not have to worry about a label falling off, or loosing its ink over time or such. We shall see how that goes.

Still deciding on a lightbar... looking at making something like the 8020 from Framingtech.

Crazy that he doesnt have a cable on the open end to add more support. I'm still liking the idea of a cable at close to a 45 degree slant and it doesnt have to attach all thway to the outer end. I'll probably space it in a foot or two from the end and it should be just as stable. My ceiling slopes and is roughly 12' high above where the tank is and continues upward to 16' at the top.
Maybe this update wasn't so short...

Have fun with your builds folks!

Did you end up cutting one of the IM 20 peninsulas short?

OP
OP
BlingityBling

BlingityBling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you end up cutting one of the IM 20 peninsulas short?
Yes... I think it works well and gives the whole thing a nice finished look..
So this was a total of three stands... The one that came with the tank and 2 separately bought small peninsula stands both modified to serve my purpose. Just waiting on the sump at this point really.

Attachments

• IMG_4202.jpg
    IMG_4202.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4203.jpg
    IMG_4203.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4204.jpg
    IMG_4204.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 74

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back