Innovative Marine 200EXT Peninsula

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any updates?

I was reading in another IM build about the vynil on the sides of the tank. i did not know they where on the peninsula EXT as well. bummer how do you like them ? do they bother you at all? do you do like them. I dont really see the point of it.

OP
OP
BlingityBling

BlingityBling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any updates?

I was reading in another IM build about the vynil on the sides of the tank. i did not know they where on the peninsula EXT as well. bummer how do you like them ? do they bother you at all? do you do like them. I dont really see the point of it.
Oddly enough I checked today and my sump is supposed to be ready before thew end of the month. We shall see. And yes, the peninsula does have black vinyl on the overflow end. I assume, they do all their tanks the same. My 25 Gal Lagoon has the same vinyl sides but it obscures the rear chambers of the all in one design. I guess since theres an INT that they just do them all the same? I'm sure it hides and cleans up the look of the INT though really seems to serve no purpose on the EXT. It does have the tank serial number on the one side so until the warranty is up I'm not sure it would be smart to peel it off. Though it looks like it would be super simple to do so if it annoys anyone. We'll see how I feel about it in a few more months...lol

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oddly enough I checked today and my sump is supposed to be ready before thew end of the month. We shall see. And yes, the peninsula does have black vinyl on the overflow end. I assume, they do all their tanks the same. My 25 Gal Lagoon has the same vinyl sides but it obscures the rear chambers of the all in one design. I guess since theres an INT that they just do them all the same? I'm sure it hides and cleans up the look of the INT though really seems to serve no purpose on the EXT. It does have the tank serial number on the one side so until the warranty is up I'm not sure it would be smart to peel it off. Though it looks like it would be super simple to do so if it annoys anyone. We'll see how I feel about it in a few more months...lol

glad to hear your sump as almost ready!
yeah I am not sure what purpose it serves other than holding the serial # on the EXT. i'll prob. reach out to Im and see about taking it off once I take a clear pic of the number.

like you ill have to just see how i feel about it.

OP
OP
BlingityBling

BlingityBling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally some good news... Sump is done and ships out today, hopefully won't be long getting here. I've cleaned up the closet mounting of equipment and done a stupid amount of cord management with everything that can be put in place at the moment.
When the sump arrives I'll be able to get it into place, plumb it, and run the last of my equipment like probes and such. Hopefully this thing finally gets water and some coral this month... Fish I will go much slower with, but my other tanks are way too full of coral so I really need to address where everything will be going.
Might be regretting buying the Ecotech Dosers... Maybe should have gotten 2 DOS pumps instead so the Apex could adjust daily dosing for me like in my 180. Really waiting on the MXM module to control Mobius through Apex as well.
I've made some 3d xr30 shades and power brick holders also so if anyone wants the files, I'll have some more 3d stuff on Thingiverse in the near future.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_4378.jpg
    IMG_4378.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 110
  • img_9802.jpg
    img_9802.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_4382.jpg
    IMG_4382.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_4383.jpg
    IMG_4383.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 103
OP
OP
BlingityBling

BlingityBling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FINALLY!!!

Sump has Arrived!

Some assembly required lol

Time to get cracking with finishing this build. Of course, as I started to arrange everything and start some plumbing I've realized this is a lot of work... lol Of course I've screwed up and am short a few plumbing pieces including a gate valve for adjusting the overflow... How I've forgotten to get the most essential plumbing piece I have no idea but leave it to me. Anyway... here is some pics of progress so far... with some luck, water will be going in very soon.

Attachments

• IMG_4410.jpg
    IMG_4410.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4411.jpg
    IMG_4411.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_4412.jpg
    IMG_4412.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4413.jpg
    IMG_4413.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_4414.jpg
    IMG_4414.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_4415.jpg
    IMG_4415.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_4416.jpg
    IMG_4416.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4417.jpg
    IMG_4417.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_4419.jpg
    IMG_4419.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 94

DarfrogDojo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FINALLY!!!

Sump has Arrived!

Time to get cracking with finishing this build. Of course, as I started to arrange everything and start some plumbing I've realized this is a lot of work... lol Of course I've screwed up and am short a few plumbing pieces including a gate valve for adjusting the overflow... How I've forgotten to get the most essential plumbing piece I have no idea but leave it to me. Anyway... here is some pics of progress so far... with some luck, water will be going in very soon.
That sump looks amazing. I am still trying to figure out which sump to get. You kinda helped me make my choice.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FINALLY!!!

Sump has Arrived!

man that sump looks great! kinda jelly you get to go with a roller mat in there.
my 200 pen. almost got delivered yesterday they showed up with out a call.

here is my build thread if you want to stop by and see the journey.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/teton-mountain-reef-im-200-peninsula.751332/

OP
OP
BlingityBling

BlingityBling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like that your RT pump is in the middle of the sump less pipe going places.
are you going to attach the pipe some where to the stand?
ball valves on the return line?

thinking about pluming mine now this might be harder the the RS 650P I had.
curious how to do it.

OP
OP
BlingityBling

BlingityBling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like that your RT pump is in the middle of the sump less pipe going places.
are you going to attach the pipe some where to the stand?
ball valves on the return line?

thinking about pluming mine now this might be harder the the RS 650P I had.
curious how to do it.
I haven't figured it out completely yet but I will probably use some clamps to the aluminum braces under the tank to hold the pipes in place. I will have a valve on every line including drains as I've learned it's nice to be able to isolate the tank completely if a maintainence reson ever requires the sump be removed or replaced. I also think it good just in case a section of pipe needs to be removed for any reason like maybe a clog.
My biggest delimma is how to plumb in my UV... Haven't decided that completely yet. I kind of wish tanks were drilled with three returns so that third could be the adjustable uv back to the tank. I don't have the nerve to try it on something like this lol. I'll probably just loop it back to the sump... almost have to.

OP
OP
BlingityBling

BlingityBling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plumming is done and leak tested... finally full of water and running smooth. Like a dummy, I forgot I had a flow sensor for the UV so at some point I'll need to cut and add it in... Oh well...lol Cycle started yesterday and On the way to getting life in here. My sixth tank and it will be full of experimenting... Last two I started only had an ugly period of about a week so I'm going to run the lights from day one and see if I can't get some algae a bit faster for the inhabitants I'm after. Moved a lot of bio media from my 180 that has been "cooking" a long time so this tank has the same effect as adding some live rock. I'm still going to add bacteria and do the motions of a cycle anyway to help liven up my sand and rock.
Now that water is in I can see it really doesn't get good flow at the front no matter how I set the pumps so I'm thinking of the that new cloud gyre to liven it up maybe.
Radion Blues are really flipping blue... In hind sight, It would have been Ideal to mix them. I have both the white and cool white maxed in the middle of the day and they are still really blue compared to my other tanks. Perhaps I'll get used to it.
NYAquatic is having a live sale today I'm thinking of maybe getting my first couple fish. At my LFS yesterday picked up a QT set and It's interesting as he has a hard time getting certain fish through his particular suppliers. I'd prefer to get them from him if possible, but it doesn't always work that way.
Have fun with your hobby!

Attachments

• IMG_4431.jpg
    IMG_4431.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4433.jpg
    IMG_4433.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4435.jpg
    IMG_4435.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_4437.jpg
    IMG_4437.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4438.jpg
    IMG_4438.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4439.jpg
    IMG_4439.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_4448.jpg
    IMG_4448.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_4449.jpg
    IMG_4449.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 74

DarfrogDojo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plumming is done and leak tested... finally full of water and running smooth. Like a dummy, I forgot I had a flow sensor for the UV so at some point I'll need to cut and add it in... Oh well...lol Cycle started yesterday and On the way to getting life in here. My sixth tank and it will be full of experimenting... Last two I started only had an ugly period of about a week so I'm going to run the lights from day one and see if I can't get some algae a bit faster for the inhabitants I'm after. Moved a lot of bio media from my 180 that has been "cooking" a long time so this tank has the same effect as adding some live rock. I'm still going to add bacteria and do the motions of a cycle anyway to help liven up my sand and rock.
Now that water is in I can see it really doesn't get good flow at the front no matter how I set the pumps so I'm thinking of the that new cloud gyre to liven it up maybe.
Radion Blues are really flipping blue... In hind sight, It would have been Ideal to mix them. I have both the white and cool white maxed in the middle of the day and they are still really blue compared to my other tanks. Perhaps I'll get used to it.
NYAquatic is having a live sale today I'm thinking of maybe getting my first couple fish. At my LFS yesterday picked up a QT set and It's interesting as he has a hard time getting certain fish through his particular suppliers. I'd prefer to get them from him if possible, but it doesn't always work that way.
Have fun with your hobby!
This is so exciting. My tank should be here in May. I started a IM 50g a few months ago. After a fishless cycle, the ugly stage started. I just left it alone and let the brown algae grow outta control…. Guessing it would eventually go away. Then I watch a video where Ryan from BRS says to add some pods and crustaceans to help. So, I added one full bottle of Tiger Pods and the dang thing was spotless on 3 days. I was blown away. Also - how do you plan to mount the gyre? I’m a stickler for keeping the 3 panels clear if possible. What’s your plant to mount it?

Again, very kewl setup.

OP
OP
BlingityBling

BlingityBling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is so exciting. My tank should be here in May. I started a IM 50g a few months ago. After a fishless cycle, the ugly stage started. I just left it alone and let the brown algae grow outta control…. Guessing it would eventually go away. Then I watch a video where Ryan from BRS says to add some pods and crustaceans to help. So, I added one full bottle of Tiger Pods and the dang thing was spotless on 3 days. I was blown away. Also - how do you plan to mount the gyre? I’m a stickler for keeping the 3 panels clear if possible. What’s your plant to mount it?

Again, very kewl setup.
That's a good question... I too was hoping to only have equipment on the back black panel. I want to go SPS so... Honestly, if the front one to two feet was LPS or mixed reef, It would totally get away with no need for a front pump.

I'm not sure how the gyres are made and haven't ordered one yet but I'm hoping I could enlarge one of the wier holes at the top to pass a cord through. Then it could be tied up under the euro bracing to get to the front with little noticing from viewers. The outer magnet will be the most obvious visible piece if that plan works.

I'm also contemplating weather or not to even wory about getting acros all the way to the front... I really like montis, chalices, and encrusting stuff like cyphastrea as well so maybe I'll do stuff like that forward? It is plenty of flow up to about the 2/3's point so undecided at the moment now. There's a ton of backflow from the same point as well picking up my sand and occasionally throwing random grains through the pumps... went with special grade so its not small grain stuff. Pumps do better moving water at the front when on 100 percent, but I can't really go above 50-60 without kicking up the sand too much. I do love this tank... set up a quarantine today and got a few fish ordered from the live sale that my LFS said he couldn't get so looking forward to this.

I've had really good luck with the Dr. Tims fishless cycle with my past two tanks... they were much smaller but I don't see where that should matter. When each started to get a bit of brown algae, I just tossed in a small clean up crew and in about a week they looked good again. I have added pods before and will in this one as well as the plan is to have a pair of red dragonets or red mandarins. My 180 I keep pods in the fuge for mandarin and coral food, other fish like them as well. I think some live stuff like brine, pods, and phyto really helps the tank giving fish and corals something other than frozen which while good, to me is like humans living on tv dinners...lol

Good luck with your setup!

OP
OP
BlingityBling

BlingityBling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cycle is newly under way and took today to do some par testing... I'm really impressed with the Radion G6s even though my other tank has G4s... A really amazing difference between them for spread and coverage. The par results are interesting at a peak of 80% power and 13" mounting height over the tank not the waterline. The reflective tape on the shades not only directs light downward making the room more pleasant to be in but also clearly makes some higher par areas where the lights cross over. I used a seneye I've had for years which is plenty accurate enough for me to get things in the right place.

I can't believe I'm getting an average of 400 par at the bottom... the wide angle of the Radions seems to reflect and fill shadows far superior to the older ones. Feeling good about my choice... and I'll have to figure out dialing them down some for the corals to start.

Pictures all taken with Iphone 13 and an orange filter... I just cant get these photos to look like they do in person no matter the filter. I guess after some corals are in, I'll have to figure out making a scene to have photo mode lighting.

Attachments

• IMG_4476.jpg
    IMG_4476.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_4465.jpg
    IMG_4465.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4467.jpg
    IMG_4467.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4468.jpg
    IMG_4468.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4469.jpg
    IMG_4469.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4471.jpg
    IMG_4471.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4477.jpg
    IMG_4477.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 70

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Awesome build. I really love IM and the 200 EXT will be my next tank. Any chance of seeing a picture of the section behind the drain where you have the Vortechs mounted? That was always a question of mine is if the Vortech fits in that space and it looks like it does and is working for you.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.6%
Back