Innovative Marine INT Tanks

GoonReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any experience with the Innovative Marine INT 50,75, or 100 tanks ? Literally can not find any who might have one but they look absolutely stunning and with standard plumbing items.

Thanks a lot !

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 25 gallon fusion and i like it a lot, the glass is super clear, the sump area is nice. The only upgrade i've done was get a Sicce pump which made it absolutely silent- after the 6 month mark the factory return pump become really noticeable. Hope that helps.

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a tank with an overflow, but would you say the glass quality on your fusion stacks up to a RedSea tank ?
@LuizW13

Oh, sorry. I've never seen a redsea in person, so, i can't say. But if i'm not mistaken, the IM Fusion is 'low-iron glass' and i think it's fantastic. I don't even think 'low-iron glass' is the "best" type of glass too from what i've seen around the net.

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
G

GoonReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn’t that wider than a sump baffle ? Do you think it would be that hard to clean ? Just asking in gerneral.
I don't own one but if I made an assumption we would be comparing a 8 to 10inch baffle to nearly 2 feet depth. You would have to come up with some special tools to clean. So, to me it would be a big detritus trap.

OP
OP
G

GoonReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't own one but if I made an assumption we would be comparing a 8 to 10inch baffle to nearly 2 feet depth. You would have to come up with some special tools to clean. So, to me it would be a big detritus trap.

Would the idea of maybe a nano powerhead plus a tool (18” acrylic tube with 1/2 line shipon tool) do the trick ? With the BRS points i have and it’s on sale the tank is only costing me 350 shipped to my door ... INT 50 version

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would the idea of maybe a nano powerhead plus a tool (18” acrylic tube with 1/2 line shipon tool) do the trick ? With the BRS points i have and it’s on sale the tank is only costing me 350 shipped to my door ... INT 50 version
I think that's a great deal. Like you said,I haven't seen anyone with one these so if you can come up with ways to get around the overflow issue, then more power to you. I'm just informing you of a potential problem.

OP
OP
G

GoonReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that's a great deal. Like you said,I haven't seen anyone with one these so if you can come up with ways to get around the overflow issue, then more power to you. I'm just informing you of a potential problem.

Totally understand and thank you very much !! It’s a sweet tank at a sweet price that actually used standard plumbing. I think it’s going to be a good move as I build my 80 g tank. This will become a Nem tank I think.

ChaseBurke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the INT 75 about a month ago. still no water in it as I am buying all new equipment so saving up while I can. I can say the quality of the tank is absolutely amazing, same for the APS stand. Didn't even think about the back being a detritus trap but its big enough I could fit my whole arm down there.

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E878AFB7-35A1-4FBB-94B8-5E7CCEDEAC30.jpeg
I bought the 100int and am currently filling up the tank with rodi

The bean drain has a modified suction part to help with detritus but the back is big enough to fit your arm. A small nano power head would fit too if it’s a concern. The tank is super well built.
About 20 hours to go

OP
OP
G

GoonReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow didn’t even realize your a NJRC member as well same here. Yeah I’m hoping the EXT is just as nice. Going with a 6’ 8020 stand 4’ tank 2’ electronics / ato dose cabinet on the left side. Friday needs to come ASAP. But looks ***** nice my man !

ChaseBurke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ChaseBurke i was lucky and waited a bit longer and got the promotion for the EXT 100. But all in all how is your impression of the glass quality?
Yeah I got the promotion as well was like 1200 for tank and stand. Glass is unreal. Excellent quality. Going to be a IM man for life.

ChaseBurke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow didn’t even realize your a NJRC member as well same here. Yeah I’m hoping the EXT is just as nice. Going with a 6’ 8020 stand 4’ tank 2’ electronics / ato dose cabinet on the left side. Friday needs to come ASAP. But looks ***** nice my man !
What are you using for electronics cabinet??? Going to be needing something soon.

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to build something simple next to the tank.

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IKEA comes to mind for me too. Have you come across any good pieces from them to use?

OP
OP
G

GoonReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you basically need to picture what you want.. are open space in the cabinet more important than shelves, do you have a good way to mount controllers/ modules/ apex ect. my biggest concern is to make it 100% dry. no water able to get to it for safety. I got a new apex this time so wall space is more important than shelves so I can mount to the sides/ back. When I get home I will take a picture of a media cabinet im using at the moment on my 40. its totally rigged but it works very well and just use a hole saw for the cables. took maybe 10 min to make.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back