Innovative Marine new NuvoSkim

Andre.nicolau

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2013
Messages
83
Reaction score
7
Location
São Paulo, Brazil
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys!

I am building my new 20g nano reef and choosing which skimmer to use. Have you heard about the new NuvoSkim from Innovative Marine?? Any impressions yet? Any news about when will it be available at retailers?
 
I have not heard of that one. I used the IM Ghost skimmer in my Nuvo 20. It worked well, but wasn’t silent.
 
The new IM Nuvoskim DC Protein skimmer is great! Been running it for 3 days with fantastic results . Getting some medium dark skimmate at the moment . I don’t have any fish in my main tank ( Nuvo 20g) since ick treatment. No micro bubbles in my DT and very little breakin period.

only experience I have with nano protein skimmers are Eshopps nano skimmer and the Reef Glass .

Selling both my reef glass and Eshopps now ;)
 
With my limited experience with nano skimmer, and novice in the hobby in general .... IMO it’s still the best skimmer for the IM AIO line of tanks. We probably can run our 25g and under AIO’s without a skimmer but I would rather run one . Besides pulling gunk out of our tank , it does a tremendous job of aerating the aquarium.

Not only it looks nice on my tank , it does it’s job very nicely. Would buy again without a single hesititaton
 
What about noise level wise? How does it compare to Eshopps nano?
 
It’s just a hair louder than the Eshopps. I have my tank in my living , can’t hear it from 5 feet away unless house is mouse quiet . It’s not loud for sure
 
This thing has been running in my tank for like 2 weeks straight, and while its skimming well, I get a ton of micro bubbles. It's getting really annoying.
 
I’ve had the NuvoSkim Midsize for about 2 weeks now and the first week it’s skimmed very well!!! Not very dark skim coming out at first and now I get none out of it tried skimming wet and still nothing. Beginner problems ‍♂️
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new