Innovative Marine Nuvo vs Nuvo Pro

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know the difference between IM Nuvo and Nuvo Pro lines?

I see that IM has replaced all Nuvo tanks with Nuvo Pro tanks now. Their website states that "We have upscaled our luxurious midsize aquariums by merging the premium features of our Full Size SR-Series aquariums with the Award Winning customizable filtration system of our NUVOs. This perfect blend gives you 10-15% more room for aquascaping, the highest clarity viewing, a screen lid that removes excess heat and provides maximum light penetration, and the cleanest and clearest water possible."

What does this mean?

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just took a quick look at it. I had an original IM Nuevo 20. Their new cover is waaay better than the old one which was bulky and blocked/reflected light. The return pump looks better than the original stock pump as well.

In terms of more space, maybe they cut back on the chamber size for more in tank room?

OP
OP
ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just took a quick look at it. I had an original IM Nuevo 20. Their new cover is waaay better than the old one which was bulky and blocked/reflected light. The return pump looks better than the original stock pump as well.

In terms of more space, maybe they cut back on the chamber size for more in tank room?

I have one of the original Nuvo 30L. I agree the mesh top is trash and the new one looks better.

I guess I am wondering if they changed the dimensions of the filtration or display areas.

leadsinker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently have a nuvo 30l. Nuvo sr pro 80 is my next set up. Wish i could find filtration chambers dimension. Curious if a Tunze 9004 dc skimmer will work in 2nd chamber?

seanschaef0408

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Explanation that my Innovative Marine rep at work gave me. He meant to say now instead of not, but you get the idea. Not sure about dimension changes or the tops, though. I have an order arriving next week at some point with the new tanks and can update with more info once I see them
c3f4df99b55edcf1b1e7221dbd9267b7.jpg

OP
OP
ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Explanation that my Innovative Marine rep at work gave me. He meant to say now instead of not, but you get the idea. Not sure about dimension changes or the tops, though. I have an order arriving next week at some point with the new tanks and can update with more info once I see them
c3f4df99b55edcf1b1e7221dbd9267b7.jpg
Cool good to know. In addition to upgraded pump, caddy and magnet it seems they also have the updated screen tops. [emoji106]

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back