Insane Ammonia Spike.. 8.0 +

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so try to convince my organization to invest in a digital water testing system. And I need to brush up on my cycling science.

But still, it’s my fish were huddling in the bottom corner of the tank. My clove polyps completely melted overnight. My gsp and mushrooms were all closed for 2 days and my leather was shriveled up and sagging. If not ammonia spike, then what? How can I be confident they are fine to go back into the tank?

Becareful about "cycling science." Its mostly one guy on the internet who claims that anything but a seneye can't detect ammonia based off of reading other threads. Its not science, just a guy's opinion based on threads read on this website, not actually heavy experience using these kits and cycling dozens to hundreds of tanks.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful about linkless cycling science too, it’s often masquerading lfs employees who don’t do work threads.

By not ever creating and running cycle threads or pattern studies threads, they reserve endless critique ability without ever having to meet production goals. forum critics present literally no pattern we can inspect at all, not even one we get to disagree with.

This tank didn’t have an ammonia control problem.

Last edited:

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank didn’t have an ammonia control problem.
It quite possibly had ammonia dumped in it accidentally, and you used pictures from before the incident to tell OP that they shouldn't have removed the fish and coral. Disregarded comments correcting your mistake, and seemingly got upset when your advise wasn't taken. You're not infallible, please tone down the god complex.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back