Insta-tank question/Flucanazole question

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I keep a bunch of rubble, biomedia and rocks in my 130G system sump and another wet storage area with flow that my system has. I need to fire up a Nuvo20 AIO I have in storage and use it temporarily as a frag tank for about 6-8 weeks (waiting on a customer frag from GCs). Now, this display that has all this rich media in it (I should be able to do an instatank with it, I think) is on day 14 of a flucanazole treatment. I really wanted to try and go another 3-5 days before I start with large water changes. Do I need to worry that the rubble/media would come out of the tank at this point? I would use fresh salt water and not water from the display. Since I will only be doing this temporarily, I won't be putting fish in the temporary tank. My main display has a very light bioload, fyi. Thoughts?

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep a bunch of rubble, biomedia and rocks in my 130G system sump and another wet storage area with flow that my system has. I need to fire up a Nuvo20 AIO I have in storage and use it temporarily as a frag tank for about 6-8 weeks (waiting on a customer frag from GCs). Now, this display that has all this rich media in it (I should be able to do an instatank with it, I think) is on day 14 of a flucanazole treatment. I really wanted to try and go another 3-5 days before I start with large water changes. Do I need to worry that the rubble/media would come out of the tank at this point? I would use fresh salt water and not water from the display. Since I will only be doing this temporarily, I won't be putting fish in the temporary tank. My main display has a very light bioload, fyi. Thoughts?
Just to clarify, you are concerned about the rubble bringing fluconazole to the temporary tank in which a new coral will be quarantined, right?

OP
OP
W

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just to clarify, you are concerned about the rubble bringing fluconazole to the temporary tank in which a new coral will be quarantined, right?
Yes. The only seeded material I have is currently going through a treatment right now, albeit at the tail end.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back