Radman73

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pics of the finished product?

It's on its side still so kind of need to use your imagination.

IMG_1771.JPG

IMG_1772.JPG

OP
OP
Radman73

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that the tank is up and running I thought it would be a good idea to at least update this thread. Overflow is working perfectly. The height has been perfect as well. For better or worse I eased my access to the back fears by placing the tank and stand a little over 12" off the wall in the office. There's enough room for me to squeeze back there, at my current weight at least, and get access to everything at the expense of making my office seem smaller than it already is. Function over form in this case. I'm still playing with stand pipe heights in the back box. Sometimes the full siphon starts quickly and sometimes it never does. Easy to get it going if it needs a little help though.

Also, in place of teflon tape I used a teflon paste instead. After doing some reading it seemed the more prudent choice for a permanent seal of those lower holes and they've been perfect after a few months of water in the tank.

October Sky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just drilled mine on Tuesday. I see this is an old thread, but now Modular Marine has a guide for drilling which includes a water height level.

OP
OP
Radman73

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just drilled mine on Tuesday. I see this is an old thread, but now Modular Marine has a guide for drilling which includes a water height level.

Yeah, that would have been nice lol! I traced out the holes onto some very thin wood with a sharpie and then drilled through the wood for my template.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back