Instant Cycling?? They do it on TV!

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll read the article a little later.
Maybe it isn't as troublesome in SW, but I still highly doubt that it has to reach 300ppm to be harmful.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say my opinion on posts based on the science I've read. I know there's a lot to learn, but my opinion is informed by the facts I've read. By talking about it as an opinion, I'm trying to be respectful to others. I don't know everything. But no one does. I'm not being dogmatic because there's more than one way to do something. But my opinions are not ignorant either. Just saying.

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree on waiting.till.cycle.is done too my point was to show.the article where.you guys can read and see for yourself. Love how in this hobby peoples opinions seem to trump data done by scientists. Not long ago it was people opinion that leds couldnt grow coral well. People also said algae scrubbers wouldnt work and still do, opinion.also says you need a skimmer to keep a saltwater tank. All of these have been proven wrong many times over. Opinion doesnt equal fact.

What I'm pointing out is that even science has its flaws. They are constantly learning, too - and, like us, often finding out they were wrong. This could be due to a flawed experiment or many other things. Even the experts often find that what they thought was fact is actually incorrect. :)

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I'm pointing out is that even science has its flaws. They are constantly learning, too - and, like us, often finding out they were wrong. This could be due to a flawed experiment or many other things. Even the experts often find that what they thought was fact is actually incorrect. :)

That is so true. We should always be open to new data and be willing to change our mind if science teaches us something new.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back