Instant ocean sea salt

hig789

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opinions will not give you results, expert advice will. This advice and expert status is tricky and I recommend doing a little research or reading up on a member before you take their advice. On top of that the proof is in the pictures. If you have never used IO salt than why even answer this thread? I have ended up using IO myself and the Reef is thriving. I am no expert, but it took me along time to figure out not to take advice from those that have opinions and not results. Tap water in a reef, Really? That is not good advice and while I try to be polite, that will not be good for anything alive in your reef!

This is why I just read Randy's articles if I'm looking for something. Some are a bit too in depth for my brain though. Haha but you are guaranteed hard facts from a expert, not someone who might possibly have ulterior motives.

MinnieMouse2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use only instant ocean regular. I tried the reef version and did not like how it mixes up. I dose two-part in both of my tanks. Tanks are mixed reef and have been doing well for years.

Rjmul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! So much mis-information. IO is just fine for a reef tank. It's "ocean water," as they claim. It is one of the most popular salts. I use it, and unless anything has changed, so does Randy Holmes Farley. With any salt, including what I term the "super salts," you'll need to supplement alk and calc. But IO is a great salt....minimal swings in alk and calc when I do water changes.
This thread is 8 years old but holy cow are you right.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 50 75.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back