Instant ocean shelf life

Francblack

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a question about instant ocean salt. I was cleaning out my uncles house and I found 2 bags of Instant Ocean salt in some unopened bags. I would have to say that they would have to be 20 plus years old maybe even older my question would they still be good to use.

Thanks again.
 
Sealed bucket maybe, but bags would have sponged up moisture from the atmosphere, basements can have some traces of pretty nasty stuff too, h2s, radon etc that could accumulate over time in something hydrophilic like salt mix. It would be worth the cost of 2 bags for the peace of mind not to worry about that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new