Integrated ATO/AWC Container Help

truetricia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in a condo, and my salt water mixing station is located far away from my actual reef tank and fish room (less of a room and more of a Harry Potter's Cupboard, or Narnia...I use the terms interchangeably). Therefore, in Narnia, I have two 5g buckets (Lowes) and a 10g Rubbermaid bucket. The 5g buckets are used for my AWC reservoirs for new saltwater and waste water (connected to my Neptune DOS). The 10g is used as my ATO. Both the ATO and NSW are connected to solenoid valves that I can connect via hoses to the large reservoirs far away and pump water into fill them up.

While they all fit into Narnia, the round bucket design isn't the most economical in a limited space. And I'd really like to have 10g for all of the reservoirs to achieve closer to 10% AWC weekly, but there's not really room.

Therefore, I'm contemplating finding a 3-compartment container with 30g capacity (10g per section). Ideally, each section would have integrated optical sensor and PMUP slots on the bottom, and optical sensors or float valves on the top. This way, the compartments can be refilled and automatically shut off, and an alert can be sent when they are low (and stop the AWC), and in the case of the waste container, it will automatically stop the AWC when full.

I'm thinking about converting a 30g aquarium for this purpose using baffles. But I'm not opposed to buying something either. Anyone have anything similar? I can obviously add the bells and whistles myself. So let me know if you have anything similar, where you got it, cost, etc!

Thanks!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 36 37.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back