OP
OP
Acroporaguy

Acroporaguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just my luck. The package containing the interceptor managed to get lost and was delivered to the wrong house (happened a week ago). FedEx was unable to find it, and the retailer that I purchased it from has no more (was the last of it). Now I need to find an aquatic vet. FedEx is ridiculous, their communication is pathetic.

OP
OP
Acroporaguy

Acroporaguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a vet give them a copy of an article. They may Wright you a script through chewy. This is how I got mine.
I was able to find an aquatic vet so hopefully they can help me out. I've tried calling regular vet clinics but they always deny my request lol.

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the original question I have nuked the crap out of my tank multiple times and I have very old huge clams. Currently 1 18” 12 year old derasa, 2 8” Gigas and 2 small blue squammys and zero negative effects from interceptor.

OP
OP
Acroporaguy

Acroporaguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the original question I have nuked the crap out of my tank multiple times and I have very old huge clams. Currently 1 18” 12 year old derasa, 2 8” Gigas and 2 small blue squammys and zero negative effects from interceptor.
Thanks for the input! I just got some today and I plan on using it this weekend

OP
OP
Acroporaguy

Acroporaguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got some from a fish vet. He weighed out 6 portions of 75mg of interceptor (told me each would treat 30 gallons). He instructed me to leave it in the system for 6hrs - do you guys think I should leave it in longer? He also said to repeat the dose 2 more times (a week apart). I think I'm just going to use the 75mg on my 20g system to hit the bugs harder.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use it as directed. You can kill shrimp, pods, starfish and other things. The normal dose works. When I used it years ago, everything was fine with the dose that Dustin from ORA laid out. People got into trouble by dosing more than recommended.

FWIW - Dr. G's coral dip has MBE in it. No idea how it doses out, but it is the same stuff that you want in the interceptor pill.

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW - Dr. G's coral dip has MBE in it. No idea how it doses out, but it is the same stuff that you want in the interceptor pill.

I think it's 1 ml/gallon, but I am trying to confirm this.

OP
OP
Acroporaguy

Acroporaguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: I dosed 75mg of the large pill (as weighed and prescribed by a marine vet) in my 20g tank on Friday. I let the meds circulate for 16hr before water-changing and adding the carbon and skimmer back. The treatment was rather uneventful as nothing seemed phased at all (corals, feather dusters, clam, starfish etc.). I removed my hermits and put them in the sump of my new tank, which they will stay for the duration of the treatment. Within the first hour I still spotted some pods in my system, so I was weary if the treatment was going to work. Upon further inspection 24hrs later, I was unable to see any pods. Furthermore, I cannot spot any bugs on my coral anymore. I'm going to repeat this treatment 2 more times (once a week).

Last edited:

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: I dosed 75mg of the large pill (as weighed and prescribed by a marine vet) in my 20g tank on Friday. I let the meds circulate for 16hr before water-changing and adding the carbon and skimmer back. The treatment was rather uneventful as nothing seemed phased at all (corals, feather dusters, clam, starfish etc.). I removed my hermits and put them in the sump of my new tank, which they stay for the duration of the treatment. Within the first hour I still spotted some pods in my system, so I was weary if the treatment was going to work. Upon further inspection 24hrs later, I was unable to see any pods. Furthermore, I cannot spot any bugs on my coral anymore. I'm going to repeat this treatment 2 more times (once a week).
Uneventful is good. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
Acroporaguy

Acroporaguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dosed the same amount again on Friday, and all went well. I opted to not water change this time around because my tank runs at low nutrient levels and I normally water change every two weeks due to this. One thing I have noticed is a small layer of algae growth on the rockwork (my tank normally never has any algae buildup) due to the removal of the hermit crabs. Kind of cool to see, I guess the snails can't keep up. One more dose to go.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am into my second dose now. The only difference I have picked up is that my nutrients fell materially which is odd.

From 15-20/.11 nitrate/phosphate (and this has been steady for a long time)
To 10/.03

I dosed PO4 back up. Anybody see this before?

OP
OP
Acroporaguy

Acroporaguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am into my second dose now. The only difference I have picked up is that my nutrients fell materially which is odd.

From 15-20/.11 nitrate/phosphate (and this has been steady for a long time)
To 10/.03

I dosed PO4 back up. Anybody see this before?
Strange. Has your alk/cal consumption changed?

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange. Has your alk/cal consumption changed?
Not as definitively as nutrient. It is bouncing around the low side of my very normal 7.7 - 8.3.

I still have a TON of pods and while the brittle stars seem sluggish they are largely alive as well. I think I will double my third dose.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not as definitively as nutrient. It is bouncing around the low side of my very normal 7.7 - 8.3.

I still have a TON of pods and while the brittle stars seem sluggish they are largely alive as well. I think I will double my third dose.
Just swapped out my MP40s today for cleaning. Add emerald crab and cleaner shrimp to the kill sheet. The former I could not find. The latter I could not catch; he survived the first round but not the second.

Back