INterceptor for white bugs just dosed and did nothing

tokigami

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Hey sorry to keep bugging you on this..so i dosed interceptor Plus for Dogs 8-25 Pounds i used 4 pills on my 400 gallon system and it did not kill any bugs or any pods either.

maybe my dosage was way to low but i was still surprised it didn't kill any of the pods and for sure it didn't kill any of the white bugs

what would you all recommend maybe just increasing the dosage.. i would think it would need to at least kill my pods to kill the white bugs.

i was thinking trying a 4x treatment

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Hey sorry to keep bugging you on this..so i dosed interceptor Plus for Dogs 8-25 Pounds i used 4 pills on my 400 gallon system and it did not kill any bugs or any pods either.

maybe my dosage was way to low but i was still surprised it didn't kill any of the pods and for sure it didn't kill any of the white bugs

what would you all recommend maybe just increasing the dosage.. i would think it would need to at least kill my pods to kill the white bugs.

i was thinking trying a 4x treatment
Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I'm treating for white Bugs as well. I used this link here for dosage. I dosed only once so far, and I still have white bugs. Pods took a big hit, and some crabs I couldn't get out didn't make it.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I'm treating for white Bugs as well. I used this link here for dosage. I dosed only once so far, and I still have white bugs. Pods took a big hit, and some crabs I couldn't get out didn't make it.
You need the 51-100lb (23mg) plain interceptor (not plus). 1 pill per 100g at a minimum

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dosed half of the white pill for 120g, so I'll bump it to 1.25 pills this week? It's the regular interceptor hard tablets not the plus.
The op didn’t use the correct pill. You need the 23mg version (51-100lb)

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bingo Original dosage was 23mg of milbemycin oxmine for 380gal as per Dustin dortons recommendation, however I and many others always double the dose.
Also M.O actually has a pretty short halflife in nature, so make sure to cease all carbon, skimmer and especially UVC sterilizer, UVC will break it down rather quickly.

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bingo Original dosage was 23mg of milbemycin oxmine for 380gal as per Dustin dortons recommendation, however I and many others always double the dose.
Also M.O actually has a pretty short halflife in nature, so make sure to cease all carbon, skimmer and especially UVC sterilizer, UVC will break it down rather quickly.
Yep….I didn’t know that about the uv the first time I used it… and was like….what the heck

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back