Interceptor Spectrum - Prazi amount

Fishboy9227

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got the Interceptor Spectrum Large Dog Chews, 23mg MO 228mg prazi.

I’m a little nervous to use this with the prazi contained in the spectrum but if my math is correct, if I dose the entire pill to my tank (200g), I’ll be dosing roughly 12% of the prazi that I would be dosing if I did a full dose of prazipro.

Below is my math. Mind checking it and pointing out and incorrect assumptions?

IMG_2460.jpeg

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Praziquantel is not that soluble in water. I do not know the how or why or how much dissolve . People have used interceptor spectrum successfully

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Assuming clams and lps have proven safe as well?
I have not used the spectrum with praziquantel. I have used Milbemycin Oxime with no issues, as well as Prazi Pro with no issues.
The spectrum was being used back when interceptor changed ingredients or discontinued the one product. Not sure exactly what happened.

As with any medication or treatment there is always a risk and I would not feel comfortable telling you “ it will be fine”
With some online searches that is something you can decide for yourself. I am just adding some input.

You could also source the interceptor without prazi if that would help.

OP
OP
Fishboy9227

Fishboy9227

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not used the spectrum with praziquantel. I have used Milbemycin Oxime with no issues, as well as Prazi Pro with no issues.
The spectrum was being used back when interceptor changed ingredients or discontinued the one product. Not sure exactly what happened.

As with any medication or treatment there is always a risk and I would not feel comfortable telling you “ it will be fine”
With some online searches that is something you can decide for yourself. I am just adding some input.

You could also source the interceptor without prazi if that would help.
Appreciate the input, really do. I’ll continue to try and source the interceptor sans prazi. I’ve ordered a couple different times and didn’t receive the correct product.

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the input, really do. I’ll continue to try and source the interceptor sans prazi. I’ve ordered a couple different times and didn’t receive the correct product.
There is also Milbegaurd, Milbemax and Milbeheart I believe, that have Milbemycin Oxime as the only active ingredient.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back