Interesting 'New' LED Light

Corals.com
Top Shelf Aquatics

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
What are your settings?
I started a reefi settings thread where we can all upload and share lighting profiles.

fragit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I started a reefi settings thread where we can all upload and share lighting profiles.

Oh that’s you, yes I’ve seen it.

fragit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Not sure if it’s a coincidence or not... got my lights set up Friday afternoon. In reality the moon was full on Thursday. Moon cycle running in my lights. This morning all my Trochus snails are spawning! I’ve been hoping for this since I started keeping them in 2016! My water is cloudy it’s so prolific, and it’s Mother’s Day!

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Not sure if it’s a coincidence or not... got my lights set up Friday afternoon. In reality the moon was full on Thursday. Moon cycle running in my lights. This morning all my Trochus snails are spawning! I’ve been hoping for this since I started keeping them in 2016! My water is cloudy it’s so prolific, and it’s Mother’s Day!
Something spawned in my tank the other day but not sure what. The tank got suddenly cloudy and all my corals went bananas! SPS that normally only has PE at night opened up in a matter of minutes. The water cleared up in an hour or so and all went back to normal. I assume it had to do with the full moon also.

jsweir

View Badges
Reaction score
I have 3 duo extremes on order to put in my 61" Aquatic life hybrid fixture which will also run 2 blue plus and 2 purple plus T5s. Plan on hanging it around 18" above the 125 gallon to start. Need to finish my sump so I can get the rock cooking in the tank. Excited to get back into this after 15 years...

hart24601

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
@danlu_gt

I’m super impressed with these light fixtures. Out of curiosity, how many and which sized Reefis would you recommend for coverage of a 36x24x24 SPS dominated mixed tank. I’m currently running a halide/t5 setup but the side glare is blinding. Been toying with the idea of replacing the halide/t5 with ReeFi.

BC097763-1E4A-401A-B575-DF4B426DFE90.jpeg
Just a wild guess but I think he made the jump!

Edit.... I see he already posted. Dang it I just wanted to be 1st....

KenO

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a 60"Lx24"W(inside dimension is 22.25")x21"D rimless tank. Plan is for a mixed reef. What would be the recommendation for the number of lights? I currently have a RMS rail suspended above the tank so I would also need the 3D parallel adapters.

danlu_gt

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks! Just placed an order. I also added an order note about the perpendicular RMS tank mount adapters. I didn't them listed on the website.
I saw your note on your order, will make RMS adaptors accordingly. I will update my website to add the perpendicular RMS adapters.

I have a 60"Lx24"W(inside dimension is 22.25")x21"D rimless tank. Plan is for a mixed reef. What would be the recommendation for the number of lights? I currently have a RMS rail suspended above the tank so I would also need the 3D parallel adapters.
Ideally, 3 ReeFi Duo Extremes in perpendicular to the tank length will you give very even coverage throughout and not have to worry about SPS self shading as they mature into colonies. If your tank is mostly softies/LPS with few SPS frags, 2 ReeFi Duo Extreme in parallel to the tank length will enough.

I will update my website to add different RMS adaptors styles.

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

The BEST equipment you have bought for your reef came from this category?

• Filtration

Votes: 51 12.9%
  • Testing

Votes: 42 10.7%
  • Lighting

Votes: 132 33.5%
  • Controlling

Votes: 92 23.4%
  • Water Treatment

Votes: 17 4.3%
  • Pumps

Votes: 38 9.6%