Interesting 'New' LED Light

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@danlu_gt

I’m super impressed with these light fixtures. Out of curiosity, how many and which sized Reefis would you recommend for coverage of a 36x24x24 SPS dominated mixed tank. I’m currently running a halide/t5 setup but the side glare is blinding. Been toying with the idea of replacing the halide/t5 with ReeFi.

BC097763-1E4A-401A-B575-DF4B426DFE90.jpeg

Just a wild guess but I think he made the jump!

Edit.... I see he already posted. Dang it I just wanted to be 1st....

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 60"Lx24"W(inside dimension is 22.25")x21"D rimless tank. Plan is for a mixed reef. What would be the recommendation for the number of lights? I currently have a RMS rail suspended above the tank so I would also need the 3D parallel adapters.

danlu_gt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Just placed an order. I also added an order note about the perpendicular RMS tank mount adapters. I didn't them listed on the website.

I saw your note on your order, will make RMS adaptors accordingly. I will update my website to add the perpendicular RMS adapters.

I have a 60"Lx24"W(inside dimension is 22.25")x21"D rimless tank. Plan is for a mixed reef. What would be the recommendation for the number of lights? I currently have a RMS rail suspended above the tank so I would also need the 3D parallel adapters.

Ideally, 3 ReeFi Duo Extremes in perpendicular to the tank length will you give very even coverage throughout and not have to worry about SPS self shading as they mature into colonies. If your tank is mostly softies/LPS with few SPS frags, 2 ReeFi Duo Extreme in parallel to the tank length will enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw your note on your order, will make RMS adaptors accordingly. I will update my website to add the perpendicular RMS adapters.

Ideally, 3 ReeFi Duo Extremes in perpendicular to the tank length will you give very even coverage throughout and not have to worry about SPS self shading as they mature into colonies. If your tank is mostly softies/LPS with few SPS frags, 2 ReeFi Duo Extreme in parallel to the tank length will enough.

I will update my website to add different RMS adaptors styles.
Interested in seeing what other RMS adaptors you have. One suggestion would be a way to utilize the current RMS adaptor that connects my G4 to the rail. It allows the lights to be rotated. So if there was a way to use the 4 screw mounts that connect it to the Radion that would be awesome.

danlu_gt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested in seeing what other RMS adaptors you have. One suggestion would be a way to utilize the current RMS adaptor that connects my G4 to the rail. It allows the lights to be rotated. So if there was a way to use the 4 screw mounts that connect it to the Radion that would be awesome.
I see what you're saying, but the 4 screw position do not match the ReeFi and screw thread size is different. Also, ReeFi Duo Extreme is much heavier. I'll have to investigate more but just at a glance I don't see a way to make it look nice.

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see what you're saying, but the 4 screw position do not match the ReeFi and screw thread size is different. Also, ReeFi Duo Extreme is much heavier. I'll have to investigate more but just at a glance I don't see a way to make it look nice.
My thought was if you had a 3D print that would attach to the Reefi duo extreme that 3D print would interface to the RMS rail mount. Maybe wishful thinking.

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any directions on how to set up a static IP address. Woke up this morning and lights are out of sync not grouped and time was off. TIA for the help

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any directions on how to set up a static IP address. Woke up this morning and lights are out of sync not grouped and time was off. TIA for the help

I would look up your router info, for my att fiber one it’s as simple as logging in and selecting a MAC address and clicking it to static

Lithoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, just assigned its own IP Address on my two lights.. You do it in the router.. Was having same problem as you..

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back