Interesting 'New' LED Light

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine yesterday as well! I love the anti-glare properties of the light. I threw put one of the lights up on the tank temporarily to play with it. 10/10 would buy again.

I've forgotten how much LED make SPS pop.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been 21 days since I swapped from a MH/T5/LED setup to the two of the Reefi Duo Extremes. My biggest worry was that my acropora would hate the change and would subsequently stop growing, color down, or just die.

My fears were unfounded. Things have continued to grow at a fantastic rate and appear more colorful compared to previously. Best part is, I don't have as much heat problems and I also can view my tank from the sofa without being blinded by side glare.

I've owned a variety of lights in the past including radions, orphek, ATI T5s, nanoboxes, a giesemann halide fixtures. Reefi takes the top spot as my favorite light fixture. In summary, for those who are considering the Reefi's, they are a fantastic light.

They say pictures say more than words, so here's the past 2 weeks of growth on one of my acropora:

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a 5th ReeFi in the new replacement tank, now it’s time to buy coral and clean up the wiring

F3DCE528-2EEB-4FD7-BDFD-2E36C60B412B.jpeg

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do we have comparaison with the radion gen 5. Because i see they have more leds or channel.but this does not mean they are better,how his the spread compared to the radion...?i like the color of the corals under the new radion how are they under this one? We should also do a growing test compared too the radion

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a 5th ReeFi in the new replacement tank, now it’s time to buy coral and clean up the wiring

F3DCE528-2EEB-4FD7-BDFD-2E36C60B412B.jpeg
WOOO that's a bunch of fixtures! How wide is the tank and what spacing are you using? I am looking at a 60" wide tank 24" deep with 3 of the Extreme models. maybe I need 4... hmmm

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOOO that's a bunch of fixtures! How wide is the tank and what spacing are you using? I am looking at a 60" wide tank 24" deep with 3 of the Extreme models. maybe I need 4... hmmm

96x24x21 I think the lights are 15 inches apart if I remember right

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
96x24x21 I think the lights are 15 inches apart if I remember right
Ah ok. I took a look at your build thread and wasn't sure if it was the 72 or 96. Spacing would be a bit closer than if I went with 3 over a 60".. I might have to consider 4. Currently I have 3 AI Hydra26 HD over a 48.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I originally had a 72 and came defective and was planning on using 4, then I didn’t care for the dark ends on the new tank so I went for a 5th

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chasing the lighting dragon and just ordered 2 48” OR3’s to run the length of the tank. Been having issues with the reef brights not shutting off when using the bluetooth so I figured I’d give them a whirl. Just PAR mapped the tank with my 510 and still have some spots to fill.

danlu_gt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just updated the Firmware for ReeFi Duo series to V3.21.
-Fixed excess long manual mode when internal time keeper overflows when running continuously over 50 days since last reboot.

To update from the user interface:
  1. From Menu, select Aquarium 1 (if all your units are grouped under aquarium 1. Otherwise repeat for all units).
  2. From Menu, select Firmware Update.
  3. Click on Firmware Update.
  4. Monitor update progress %. When complete both GUI and Firmware to 100%, units will reboot.
  5. Then refresh the browser to load in new GUI.
1593461227449.png

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I want to get these I’m sick of ai and hearing bad things about a lot of lights and the **** Quality I would really like to buy these

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received two ReeFi LED lights for testing purposes. This company has been around for a while, but it is new to me, and I'm impressed with the thoughtful design. There are 72 LEDs in the array including cool white, warm white, amber, lime, blue, royal blue, violet, 420nm and 400nm, each on their own independent programmable channel. Maximum wattage is 166 watts. Moon light, cloud cover, and storm mode are also included. A glass pane protects the arrays and is not subject to degradation by UV as plastic covers are. This glass pane is mirrored on the interior surface and reflects upwelling light back into the tank. Another plus are 120 degree reflectors that blends light nicely. I placed one unit 3 inches above the water surface and found PAR to be almost 400 at the bottom of the tank and the light was not at full intensity. Hopefully I can get started on full blown testing this week. Photo 1 is the array without reflector (left) and with (right.) Photo 2 shows the luminaire without its magnetically-attached mirrored glass cover and the reflectors. Photo 3 is the mirrored glass cover.

result.jpg result1.jpg result3.jpg
You mentioned

I placed one unit 3 inches above the water surface and found PAR to be almost 400 at the bottom of the tank and the light was not at full intensity

What's tank depth?

OP
OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mentioned

I placed one unit 3 inches above the water surface and found PAR to be almost 400 at the bottom of the tank and the light was not at full intensity

What's tank depth?
The water depth was 19". Here's a pic of a Strawberry Shortcake Acro I'm growing under two ReeFi Duo Extremes - PPFD (PAR) is about 200 microMol/m2/sec at the peak of the photoperiod (lights are NOT at full power.)

astrawberryshortcake.jpg

jdschwar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to clean up my lighting mess. I currently am running 2 Hydra 52s, 2 Hydra 52HDs, a pair of T5 fixtures in the front and back with Coral Plus and Blue Plus each, and two 3 foot OR3 bars at the very front. I'm hoping to simplify things and was looking into replacing everything with the Reefi lights. My tank is 72x30x24 deep. Unfortunately I have a sloped ceiling over half of the tank which makes mounting lights difficult. What do you recommend? Will the coverage of just the Reefis be enough or will I still need LED bars at the very front to prevent shadowing?

IMG_5533.jpg

IMG_5534.jpg

danlu_gt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to clean up my lighting mess. I currently am running 2 Hydra 52s, 2 Hydra 52HDs, a pair of T5 fixtures in the front and back with Coral Plus and Blue Plus each, and two 3 foot OR3 bars at the very front. I'm hoping to simplify things and was looking into replacing everything with the Reefi lights. My tank is 72x30x24 deep. Unfortunately I have a sloped ceiling over half of the tank which makes mounting lights difficult. What do you recommend? Will the coverage of just the Reefis be enough or will I still need LED bars at the very front to prevent shadowing?

IMG_5533.jpg

IMG_5534.jpg

I have the same tank dimensions. I use 4 ReeFi Duo Extreme mounted in perpendicular to the tank length. I use 2040 Wall Mounts option for my tank with lights about 15" off the water. For you setup, maybe you can hang a 2040 Aluminum or a 1515 (fractional) Aluminum profiles off the ceiling. Then with 2040/1515 Slide-On Adaptors for ReeFi, you can slide the Extremes on. Below is a pic of my setup:
DLU_3074.JPG
DLU_3063.JPG

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back