interesting observation

jeffsz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently moving from a biocube 32 to a waterbox 4820. Just in the early stages of dialing everything in.

I have noticed that all the fish prefer to hang out near the live rock from my old tank. I have added two new macro rock builds, but most of the time the fish are in the vincinity of the original rock. I have even added an angel fish, that was not in the old tank and it prefers to be near the well seasoned rock.

Just an observation i found interesting.

Pic is from last week before cleaning it.

I will eventually be putting together a build thread!!

reef early.JPG

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interesting - thanks for sharing! I'm wondering if it is the color, comfort level, microscopic food on old rocks, or something else.

OP
OP
J

jeffsz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting - thanks for sharing! I'm wondering if it is the color, comfort level, microscopic food on old rocks, or something else.
With all the talk about which type of rock to use it’s very clear my fish understand the biodiversity of the live rock. All my live rock came for my LFS a year and a half ago when as a newbie made starting my reef tank so much better. Even my Nem, which originally set up on the new macro rock has now moved to the old rock!

i plan on waiting to introduce any new corals on the new macro rock until it matures.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thinknits the structure they gravutate too common location where they can see most things around there environment

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe the aroma the rock gives? Perhaps the dry stuff has a sterile odor and they no likey.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back