Intermittently working 6095?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Tunze,

This is not a complaint in any way, shape or forum. I have several tunes 6095 which I've run for years and have worked amazingly!

However, I now have one which works intermittently. It'll run for an hour, then go off for two hours for example - but randomly...there's no pattern to it. It's the older style (without integrated controller). I've switched the power packs and it still does it.

I'd just be interested to know if there's anything I could do to fix it (as it's well out of warranty), as it does work and I think it would be wasteful to throw it away.

Thanks
Andy

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. In general I would interpret this to mean that either the power connection is loose, you could check if wiggling it brings it back to life, or the capacitors that run the pump are starting to fail (usually around 8 years old), in that case, replaceing the motor is worthwhile it is less than half a complete new pump.

OP
OP
porter_painter

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. In general I would interpret this to mean that either the power connection is loose, you could check if wiggling it brings it back to life, or the capacitors that run the pump are starting to fail (usually around 8 years old), in that case, replaceing the motor is worthwhile it is less than half a complete new pump.
Many thanks for the prompt reply. I will try the wires, and failing that go for the new motor :)

Back