Internal filter

PhatPat

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2019
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m setting up a very simple 10g reef tank. I am trying to minimize noise as much as possible and would like forego the HOB filter if possible. What are your thoughts on using submerged internal filter like the Aqueon quiet flow 10 internal just to keep the water clear and then rely solely on %20 weekly water changes. My only concern at the moment is the internal filter doesn’t really have room for media.
 
HoB filters don't make much noise
 
HoB filters don't make much noise
Yeah I know they are not too bad. I’ve just had bad experiences with noise over time and also just want to try something a little different.
 
Yeah I know they are not too bad. I’ve just had bad experiences with noise over time and also just want to try something a little different.
Aren’t *
 
I’m setting up a very simple 10g reef tank. I am trying to minimize noise as much as possible and would like forego the HOB filter if possible. What are your thoughts on using submerged internal filter like the Aqueon quiet flow 10 internal just to keep the water clear and then rely solely on %20 weekly water changes. My only concern at the moment is the internal filter doesn’t really have room for media.
Internal filters are ok, but its a trade off of having more space in your tank taken up by filtration or having more filtration space. Thats why most people use hob, sumps, or cannister. Depending on your bioload, you might be ok with just the internal filter and water changes. I know tunze has some internal filters that might suit your needs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new