Internal filter

PhatPat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m setting up a very simple 10g reef tank. I am trying to minimize noise as much as possible and would like forego the HOB filter if possible. What are your thoughts on using submerged internal filter like the Aqueon quiet flow 10 internal just to keep the water clear and then rely solely on %20 weekly water changes. My only concern at the moment is the internal filter doesn’t really have room for media.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HoB filters don't make much noise

OP
OP
P

PhatPat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HoB filters don't make much noise
Yeah I know they are not too bad. I’ve just had bad experiences with noise over time and also just want to try something a little different.

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m setting up a very simple 10g reef tank. I am trying to minimize noise as much as possible and would like forego the HOB filter if possible. What are your thoughts on using submerged internal filter like the Aqueon quiet flow 10 internal just to keep the water clear and then rely solely on %20 weekly water changes. My only concern at the moment is the internal filter doesn’t really have room for media.
Internal filters are ok, but its a trade off of having more space in your tank taken up by filtration or having more filtration space. Thats why most people use hob, sumps, or cannister. Depending on your bioload, you might be ok with just the internal filter and water changes. I know tunze has some internal filters that might suit your needs.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back