Interruptus Angel

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone with experience with this fish? Difficulty, reef safeness, size, etc.? Any insights appreciated.

SPotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive never had one but had considered getting one about a year ago. If I remember correctly they require cooler water temps in the 74-75 degree range and like all angels its a crap shoot on being reef safe.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's helpful. Was not aware of lower temps. I'm long past the point of worrying about 'with caution' fish but trying to avoid a destructo-angel LOL

cFloor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy has a few in his mixed reef and they're very well behaved. These are the only fish I'd consider adding to my already stocked tank.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy has a few in his mixed reef and they're very well behaved. These are the only fish I'd consider adding to my already stocked tank.

A FEW, really? That's a sizable 'investment' in fishies LOL

Mike S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A local shop had several in QT a few weeks ago. I joked with the employee about the BIG $$$ swiming around in that vat. Nice looking fish for sure.

Mike S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
come one Mike....step up and put one in my old tank!!!!!
I was doing the math in my head of how many frags i would need to trade in for store credit to get one.... it will be a very long time unless my tiny little homewrecker frags takes off lol.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What were they asking for one, if I may ask? I've seen one for sale locally .... thus the original question.

Mike S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What were they asking for one, if I may ask? I've seen one for sale locally .... thus the original question.
They didnt have a price on them since they were still in QT but she thought that they were going to be in the neighborhood of 1700 or thats at least near what they sold for in the past. They are a sponsor here... TSM.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, that sounds about right ....

Joe Brown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had two at 2K a pop. They both got ick and died. I do have to say that while both were alive they were fine.
If you are interested there was an article in Coral magazine several years ago about the interuptus angles and if I had read that before I bought mine I wouldn't have purchased them until I could have acclimated them as per their recommendations. It also said that smaller fish acclimate easier and both of mine were larger. Good Luck!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Had one a few years ago and was killed by coral beauty due to aggression. They are finicky at first and require lots of algae to graze on. In time will accept flakes and meaty foods. They are prone to coral nipping especially wellso, trachy and acans. Mine did with trumpets and nepthia but at a minimum.
It was about 3" in size and was purchased from out east in New Jersey. Great color and peaceful yet shy. Hid equally as it was out grazing.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had two at 2K a pop. They both got ick and died. I do have to say that while both were alive they were fine.
If you are interested there was an article in Coral magazine several years ago about the interuptus angles and if I had read that before I bought mine I wouldn't have purchased them until I could have acclimated them as per their recommendations. It also said that smaller fish acclimate easier and both of mine were larger. Good Luck!

There's one available locally, and I was mostly looking to be talked out of it LOL. Will have to go looking for that Coral back issue. Helpful, thx.

Mike810

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one in my tank and it's the most beautiful fish in the tank. When the light hits it just right, the side of it's body glows a florescence bright blue, simply amazing! Mine didn't eat for awhile when I first got it making me super nervous. After a few days, it accepted some mysis here and there. From then on, it accepted a wide variety of frozens, pellets and nori. It grazes a lot, my tank is a 378 gallon tank with a decent amount of rocks. It has never nipped at any LPS or clam in the tank. There's also a flame and blacknox angel in the tank with it, all get along.

But that is just my fish and the one you may get might be different. If you have the means to catch the fish and re-home it, get it. It's a beautiful fish and does well with other pygmy angels, tangs and wrasse.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, did you get this one?

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, decided that the lower temperature requirement made it a poor choice. Cannot say I wasn't tempted though.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back