Introducing copperband butterfly to tank

Tuan Black

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a copperband butterfly in my sump to acclimate. My tank is 180 gallon with yellow tang, hippo tang, coral beauty, hawk fish, 4 clowns and 2 Kaudern's Cardinalfish. Was thinking of putting up a one of those 3 ft wall mirrors at night and putting the butterfly in at night when the fish are sleeping. Hoping the mirror distracts them from the butterfly when they wake. If anyone one else have other suggestions please help.

lebreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your biggest worry would be the yellow tang. The mirror should help as well as a properly sized acclimation box.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the butterfly currently eating? If yes, I think you have a good plan. Some folks like to move some rock around (if possible) to throw the tangs off their game a bit.

OP
OP
Tuan Black

Tuan Black

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a large acrylic critter cage drilled with holes I use when introducing new fish I’ll use that also

OP
OP
Tuan Black

Tuan Black

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 days with the large mirror and the acrylic cage and everything good the yellow tang wasn’t the problem the coral beauty was not haven’t it for the first 10 min but finally gave up. They’re all swimming now without fighting. Thnks guys

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back