Introducing Maroon Clown

Kunala6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I am adding a new maroon clown to my 75 gallon tank. I already have 2 da vinci clowns and 1 lightning. I put the new clown in
a breeder box to prevent fights. Hopefully after a few days or a week they will get use to each other. I would like to know if
anyone has tried anything like this and the outcomes. I did something same with my scopas and yellow tang and it worked,
they didn't fight and got along.

Thank You
Kunal

Clown Fish 2.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please monitor them closely. Anything is possible, but I don't expect this to end well. Is there anyway that you can separate your DaVinci and your Maroons into separate tanks?

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroons are extremely territorial and can get really big. Bigger than most people realize. They’re also hard to pair with other maroons. So you’ll need to watch closely. If the maroon is larger than your other clowns, it may not go over well.

OP
OP
K

Kunala6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Da Vincis are bit bigger, maybe 0.5" to 1.0" bigger, the maroons are bit smaller maybe about an 1.0" to an 1.5". I had the lightning maroon in a nano with 2 other clowns fish a misbar and a darwin. They were all peaceful in there, but being that this a bigger tank and it has established it's territory it could be a different outcome. I agree will have to keep a close eye on them cause I can see the lightning is not a fan of the new maroon in it's area.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 55 26.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back