OP
OP
H

Hedgedrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Takes some real discipline to get where you are with your system. I am afraid I would get lost in just hanging around and enjoying the show!
I wonder what aspect of the systems is your favorite, design, purchasing and implementing, running and maintaining, observing or any other such is your favorite?
Good question. I put my time into this hobby and did my time. I think i liked just being the quarterback calling the plays!!

OP
OP
H

Hedgedrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Writing update on my last week which was horrible. First and most importantly, on the last day of vacation, i lost my dad!! On that same crazy day we lost a peppermint angel and the big system must have finally got the cp toxic levels. Lost my anthias and crosshatches. Fish looked real bad. Like eyes burned out hanging on bottom. After two 5 k gallon water changes , two carbon changes and getting skimming going on , the fish look better. Appetite is returning but there may have been some damage done yo some fish and small effect on biological filter. We are in stabilization plan just going to continue plan . One or two more water changes before uv goes back on. Ive been warned the possible effects of uv on cp toxicity. !! Then ozone. Still more interested in fish behavior more than water clarity now. Still there is something not 100 per right with some of the fish. Unclear if bothered by trace ammonia registering or after math of toxic cp levels or the original infestation is not gone. If there are flukes still they are prazi resistant so we are watching if we need to do another drug or going to go hypo In meantime it looks like everyday better so on right path !!

OP
OP
H

Hedgedrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very sorry to hear about the loss of your father. Mine passed away 5 years ago and is still frequently in my thoughts.
Thank you so much. He was a big supporter and fan. I will miss him very much !!

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Andrew,

My deepest condolences on the loss of your father.

Clark

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the loss of your father. Any time is too soon to lose your dad. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

I am not a big fan of chemical treatment of fish due to the difficulty of management and control of all the cascading factors. In the end it is hard to tell if the disease, chemical, or damage to the biological filtration hastens death of the fish. Wish you better success than I have had in management by chemical means in larger systems.

mayday0237

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Writing update on my last week which was horrible. First and most importantly, on the last day of vacation, i lost my dad!! On that same crazy day we lost a peppermint angel and the big system must have finally got the cp toxic levels. Lost my anthias and crosshatches. Fish looked real bad. Like eyes burned out hanging on bottom. After two 5 k gallon water changes , two carbon changes and getting skimming going on , the fish look better. Appetite is returning but there may have been some damage done yo some fish and small effect on biological filter. We are in stabilization plan just going to continue plan . One or two more water changes before uv goes back on. Ive been warned the possible effects of uv on cp toxicity. !! Then ozone. Still more interested in fish behavior more than water clarity now. Still there is something not 100 per right with some of the fish. Unclear if bothered by trace ammonia registering or after math of toxic cp levels or the original infestation is not gone. If there are flukes still they are prazi resistant so we are watching if we need to do another drug or going to go hypo In meantime it looks like everyday better so on right path !!
I am so sorry Drew... I hope the tank gets back to bringing joy soon.

mayday0237

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the loss of your father. Any time is too soon to lose your dad. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

I am not a big fan of chemical treatment of fish due to the difficulty of management and control of all the cascading factors. In the end it is hard to tell if the disease, chemical, or damage to the biological filtration hastens death of the fish. Wish you better success than I have had in management by chemical means in larger systems.
What does cp mean???
Noob question...

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back