Introducing myself

I am referring to the white thing draped over a rock. Here is a better picture of it. A couple of people thought it might be a sponge?

IMG_0025.jpg
Google tunicate.
 
Hi and welcome to R2R!

Your tank looks great, nice work so far.

Could the white thing be bleached encrusting monti?
I don't think so. It is soft like a leather.
Google tunicate.
Google tunicate.
Google tunicate.
I googled tunicate and it does not look like any of the pictures. It looks like a cauliflower leather only it is really bright white and no polyps. When I look close it looks like it has pores where polyps would come from. Could it be sick or dead?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new