Introducing sexy shrimp gone wrong

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just made a big mistake hopefully this serves as a caution for others keeping sexy shrimps with Yellow Watchman Goby. I have had an existing colony of six sexy shrimps with my Yellow Watchman Goby & Pistol Shrimp pair. I decided to add 5 more sexy shrimps hence after acclimating I was adding them in when suddenly one of the shrimps drifted in front of the YWG and got eaten.
I believe my YWG doesnt per say find sexy shrimp tasty but it just grabs anything that flows past it hence usually its fine to keep them together. It definitely ate it cause look at its belly.
My main mistake was just dumping the shrimps into the water as this usually works for me in the past but I guess in the future I’ll have to aim into the rockwork so that the shrimps can grab hold of the rocks.

27E89711-E458-42C9-B05F-B701559CE946.jpeg 439ADE29-1735-403A-9CA6-CC1CE8FFE028.jpeg

Last edited:

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what my wife and I simple call, "Life on the reef!" Even though 99 times out of 100, something is safe, you can never be 100% sure it will work out that way.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My watchman never bothered Moneybag yo and Wakesha then one day I added a neon dottyback. One day I noticed moneybag yo was MIA. Didn’t think much of it, thought he molted and was hiding. Then about 2 days later BOOM Wakeshas gone. I hated that dottyback for a few months. Lucky for him he has personality. Sorry bout your sexy shrimp. Realizing they’ve been eaten is a gutting experience.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back