Introducing the Ecotech QuietDrive!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AquariumSpecialtyNews

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech Marine has reinvented it's MP Series wavemaker pumps with it's new QueitDrive models. As of last week we thought they were only going to offer this for the MP40 but as we discovered, Ecotech is coming out with three new models. These models will all be called the QuietDrive series pumps and each model with have the QD designation and each model has been completely redesigned from the ground up. Ecotech Marine is promissing more flow and 90% noise reduction!

To learn more, check out the blog:
Blog - The New Ecotech Marine QuietDrive Pumps, Better in Every Way

FoD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same as the original Vortechs. The OG Vortechs are all discounted now, MP10's are $178/214, 40's are $300, and 60's are $510 now. My 10's are dead silent. I've heard 60's at a store, and are dead silent. The only pumps I've ever "heard" are the 40's and they have to be on pulse or up 75+% to be audible really. I like the "no moving parts" aspect of this and await the release so hear the difference.

Dextereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same as the original Vortechs. The OG Vortechs are all discounted now, MP10's are $178/214, 40's are $300, and 60's are $510 now. My 10's are dead silent. I've heard 60's at a store, and are dead silent. The only pumps I've ever "heard" are the 40's and they have to be on pulse or up 75+% to be audible really. I like the "no moving parts" aspect of this and await the release so hear the difference.

Are your 10's that you mentioned the quietdrive or the og vortechs?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back