Introducing the Hydros XP8

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If I buy an XS controller only since I anticipate getting the XP8 and won’t need the WiFi strip offered in the starter packages… what else do I need to power the XP8 in the meantime? I don’t think I see the power supply as an item for sale on its own?

I looked into this for my second tank, but I think it’s probably worth just buying the starter set anyway. By the time you’ve paid for the power supply and temp sensor, you’re not actually paying much for the WiFi strip.

This new power strip is good and bad for me. I love the idea that it is wired, but it is quite expensive if you just want a controller with a wired connection. Even the GHL power bar is cheaper!

It’s not really a standalone controller as it has no inputs (not even temp), so if I want to use it to control, then I need another controller as well.

I think they should have added at least one or two sense ports. Or they should have released it without the ‘controller’ built in.

If you buy this and a starter set, it will set you back $480, and this is starting to get into big boy territory.

oldmonk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it worth to put money into Hydros WE for my new build?

I can ask a friend of mine who can get it for me when he flies down to India, it will save me shipping + import taxes, but that's about it. After that i am on my own, and probably would be the only person in India to have/use it.

Any suggestions/advice?
Thanks

OP
OP
reefiniteasy

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The eagle has landed.
AE1953FC-CA1C-4370-910A-513D032BC039.jpeg

Kactai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The eagle has landed.
AE1953FC-CA1C-4370-910A-513D032BC039.jpeg
This looks amazing. I'm going to buy a Hydros for my WB Infinitia 275 build. Do you have to strip all of your power chords for your wave pumps and everything else and rewire the drive and force connectors yourself? Do the controllers come with these? I'd love more details on your set-up and everything you have connected through the Hydros. It will be my first use of a controller in over 12 years of reefing.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back