Introducing without QT

Wilsonbem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok.... i need advice.. i have a 300ltr mixed reef which is 15mths in the running. Struggled with lps and sps but thrived with the softies. I have 2 tangs, 2 dwarf angels and 1 juvenile majestic angel as my display fish... ignoring the wrasses and others etc.. i lost a flame dwarf about 4 mths ago for no apparent reason...feeding well...no aggression...just a mystery. Now its time to replace him... i am undecided to replace with same but these are expensive here in uk....or go for powder blue tang with their ich history no qt avail... or a copperband butterfly with their eating disorders.....
Or say sod it and leave things as they are..

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a lfs where you can observe these fish before you bring them home, then I would get one you like.

BetterJake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok.... i need advice.. i have a 300ltr mixed reef which is 15mths in the running. Struggled with lps and sps but thrived with the softies. I have 2 tangs, 2 dwarf angels and 1 juvenile majestic angel as my display fish... ignoring the wrasses and others etc.. i lost a flame dwarf about 4 mths ago for no apparent reason...feeding well...no aggression...just a mystery. Now its time to replace him... i am undecided to replace with same but these are expensive here in uk....or go for powder blue tang with their ich history no qt avail... or a copperband butterfly with their eating disorders.....
Or say sod it and leave things as they are..
Usually if I feel lazy I just go to the 'Emergency' section of this forum and that puts me right back into the mindset that you should QT. I'd rather quarantine a fish for a month vs dropping it my tank immediately and unleashing a disease that wipes out years of work and living creatures. At the end of the day it's up to you

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually if I feel lazy I just go to the 'Emergency' section of this forum and that puts me right back into the mindset that you should QT. I'd rather quarantine a fish for a month vs dropping it my tank immediately and unleashing a disease that wipes out years of work and living creatures. At the end of the day it's up to you
I haven't qt any fish till this day and luck has been in my side i guess the lfs i go to are pretty good at making sure fishes are good before going home

BetterJake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you are just looking for someone to justify your wanting to skip QT. At the end of the day it is your choice, the risks of doing so have been pointed out in the hundreds of threads on this site of a new fish completely wiping out a tank. I sincerely wish you good luck, I do feel like most LFS try their best to sell healthy fish, but, diseases and infection will show up from time to time. Should you decide to build a QT tank, this is a great resource to do so.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back