excited.gif

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

What an amazing start, keep us posted with you’re progress with tons of pics!

OP
OP
Double Z

Double Z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I worked on the tank today for awhile. I am in serious need of wire management, but I want to get all the equipment in first, so it can be a one time project (yeah right). I also added my Reef Keeper Lite from my last tank. Next I will be adding a dosing setup. Here are some updated pictures.

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

OP
OP
Double Z

Double Z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another update on my Red Sea Reefer 250. 65 gallons total water volume
(2) Aqua Illumination Prime HD lights
(40) CaribSea Special Grade sand- In the past I have used the smaller sand, but it always blows around. This larger sand has not done that at all yet.
(50) Worldwide Imports Atlantic Coral Rock - I bought 80-lbs, but am guessing I have put in about 50-lbs. I have extra to add if needed.
(2) Tunze Turbelle Nanostream 6025 (740 GPH) powerheads - I have these on an A/B cycle, so the tank is only getting 1 at a time
(1) Reef Octopus Varios-6 DC pump (1720 GPH) - I have this on 3 of 5 for flow right now, but I intent to run a carbon reactor in the future, so I have the power to do so.
(1) Reef Octopus Classic 110S skimmer
(1) Reefkeeper Lite w/2 power bars - I have used this on 2 previous tanks without any problems. If this ever fails I will upgrade to the Neptune.
(1) Kessil a150 Ocean Blue - I had this left over from a nano, so I am using it for my refugium
I have some probes and other equipment not worth mentioning. I am going to try to follow the BRS/WWC System and have been watching that series develop. I have had mixed reefs in the past, but after seeing that they are the most difficult through that series I am going to opt for a Soft/Polyp/LPS tank. This should be on the easier side and although this is my third tank I am just not ready to go SPS dominant yet, because I like the hammers, frogspawn, pulsing xenia, acans and blastos too much.

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Glad you joined us !!

th

Back