introduction to me :)

Elazar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to be a fanatic in fish keeping.
from tropical fish to marines
I started with a basic 3 foot by 15" by 18" height for my first tropical tank to a massive 84" by 36" by 24" marine tank.
My dad used to say to clean it you can take a dive. It was a huge tank. with a variety of corals, inverts, and fish.

It was assembled with a trickle filter in the cabinet below, an osmosis system, and an automatic water changer. all this ended in 2000 when I had to move, and nowhere to take my hobby.

Today some 21 years later, I am considering putting a tank in.

However, I am limited in space.

Therefore I am designing my own system, with a built-in trickle filter.

I was told of solutions in the market that can automate many of the chores, some of which can cost less than $300, now that is appealing because back in 1995 all that was needed costs 1000's of $. and I had to design my own even then. so If I can buy a ready-made solution that does what I need it will be excellent.

I live in Israel, but being close to the Red Sea will not mean I will be poaching from the sea. I believe nature has had its fair share of raids on the beautiful marine inverts, corals, fish species, and must be supported to regrow. Therefore I plan to purchase tank cultivated, which can be purchased here.

I am also new to this form and curious about any feedback I get.

Smarkow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! You should have some good access to SUSTAINABLE red sea corals!? :)

1623523512316.gif

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! (We commonly welcome new people with that greeting.

I appreciate your respect for the creation and the creatures, but If I was where you are at I would not be able to resist collecting some live rock from the Red Sea to provide a robust natural biological platform to support the rest of my inhabitants. Is live rock available for hobbyist to collect or purchase from the LFS (Local Fish Store)?

This is a very respectful site, but we do have some pointed discussions at times over various topics. Welcome with kindness,
Kris

whale GIF
:)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Back