Introduction

JPM San Diego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I am 61 and have been an aquarist since age 11.
Began with Oscars, then community tank, and eventually salt water-fish only. Tried coral 1994 to 1996 without long term success. Back to FOWLR. With the addition of three children I cut back to a fresh water planted aquarium. Resumed reefing 2017 with a simple 20 gallon set up. Developed an amazing, lush, green hair algae farm! Eventually grew tired of mowing the lawn and moved up to a 40 gallon tank with sump and hired a consultant. Sad to say my algae farm is no more, but that's ok as I am learning to enjoy my coral. :)
Wife and I are looking forward to a Red Sea peninsula tank next year!
JPM San Diego

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Looking forward to seeing all the tank projects! You're in a great community of reefers :)

giphy.gif

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I am 61 and have been an aquarist since age 11.
Began with Oscars, then community tank, and eventually salt water-fish only. Tried coral 1994 to 1996 without long term success. Back to FOWLR. With the addition of three children I cut back to a fresh water planted aquarium. Resumed reefing 2017 with a simple 20 gallon set up. Developed an amazing, lush, green hair algae farm! Eventually grew tired of mowing the lawn and moved up to a 40 gallon tank with sump and hired a consultant. Sad to say my algae farm is no more, but that's ok as I am learning to enjoy my coral. :)
Wife and I are looking forward to a Red Sea peninsula tank next year!
JPM San Diego
Welcome to R2R and back to reefing. Lots of knowledgable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back