Introduction

Theresa65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I logged in today to search for the thread/question of a member who had a question on his cynaria that detached from it's skeleton. I still haven't found it. I wanted to share a similar experience that is going well. My cynaria is 2 months detached from it's skeleton and doing great! It floated around in the tank for 2 days and was about the size of a nickel. On the skeleton and happy it was at least the size of a raquet ball. I had read that is was not likely that it would like and to waste the time. I put it in a 1 cup pyrex dish and covered the top with netting. I clean the netting every week and check it. It is healthy and plump and it's been at least 2 months. Maybe there is something I still don't know...

I noticed a request to introduce myself...

I am Theresa Bergh. Happy to be on the site and browsing. Still trying to navigate thru it.

Here is a little back history. My stepson, Joey, started reefing in a small 55 gallon tank about 2 years ago. I think it all started with a puffer fish. It has been a healthy and addicting interest from that first fish and coral. About 1 year into it, he was thinking of upgrading to a larger tank. Maybe 80 gallons or more. He started browsing for used tanks. I suggested go bigger...

Sooo...
Now we have a Red Sea 750XXL. This started in Nov. 2021. We purchased the tank fish and all. There have definately been learning curves. We replaced the rock and sand. The tank went thru the cycle. That was scary. We have added a large amount of coral and a variety as well as fish.

Looking forward to learning and sharing,

Theresa

Cynaria.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back