0   0   0
welcome r2r.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I'm Tom, I've been lurking for several years and finally decided to be a little more active. I'm a retired firefighter paramedic from East Central Florida.

I've had fresh water tanks since I was a kid. I started with 5 gal salt tank and a clown fish 2018. Progressed to a 72 gal bow front tank which i replaced this year with a 75 gal drilled tank. I'll talk more about the 75 in the building thread.

I've been to reef-a-pooza for the past 3 years. That was my start into salt. That is also where I bought the 5 gal and the 75.

Thanks for all of good information y'all provide.

Hi Tom and Welcome!

Sounds like you are an old pro with three years of Reef A Palooza knowledge under your belt, so starting should go well for you. This coming October is my first Reef A Palooza and their first one in Dallas (Frisco) Texas.

OP
OP
gunga6410

gunga6410

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Tom and Welcome!

Sounds like you are an old pro with three years of Reef A Palooza knowledge under your belt, so starting should go well for you. This coming October is my first Reef A Palooza and their first one in Dallas (Frisco) Texas.
Have fun. There are alot of things to see and spend money on $ As far as knowledge I know very little and have struggled the entire time.

Anyway enjoy reef-a-palooza

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have fun. There are alot of things to see and spend money on $ As far as knowledge I know very little and have struggled the entire time.

Anyway enjoy reef-a-palooza

Hi Tom,
Thanks!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you, as Florida has LOTS of options:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review, so maybe you will like it also:

OP
OP
gunga6410

gunga6410

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Tom,
Thanks!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you, as Florida has LOTS of options:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review, so maybe you will like it also:
I do have a build thread.

Gunga's 75 gal tank​

Thanks.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have a build thread.

Gunga's 75 gal tank​

Thanks.

When I was new, this is the info they gave me to help me claim Build Thread Badge:

Once you have created a build thread then you can get your VERY FIRST USER BADGE! YAY! It's easy to do and I have created a thread that tells you how to do it here: BUILD THREAD BADGE

I see your build below (pasted below because above was not 'clickable' , but (so far) your badge hasn't shown up. Once you link it to your account, it shows up automatically usually less than an hour

OP
OP
gunga6410

gunga6410

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was new, this is the info they gave me to help me claim Build Thread Badge:

Once you have created a build thread then you can get your VERY FIRST USER BADGE! YAY! It's easy to do and I have created a thread that tells you how to do it here: BUILD THREAD BADGE

I see your build below (pasted below because above was not 'clickable' , but (so far) your badge hasn't shown up. Once you link it to your account, it shows up automatically usually less than an hour

Finally got to work.

Thanks

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back