Invasive blue clove polyps?

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2019
Messages
3,247
Reaction score
20,918
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed what I think is blue clove polyps popping up on a new zoa frag.

I would appreciate any second opinions because I have never seen them in person before. Thank goodness for my coral quarantine system. I have heard they can be quite invasive.

1000040699.jpg
1000040705.jpg
 
Yup. I used to have some in my frag tank a couple years ago. I’d ditch the plug and take a stiff toothbrush in a container of tank water to the rest. Then reglue onto a fresh plug. Aiptasia X works too if there aren’t a lot of them. But they multiply quick.
 
Yup. I used to have some in my frag tank a couple years ago. I’d ditch the plug and take a stiff toothbrush in a container of tank water to the rest. Then reglue onto a fresh plug. Aiptasia X works too if there aren’t a lot of them. But they multiply quick.
Thanks Matt!! I will try out your advice and let you know how it goes! I'm glad I caught it when I did.
 
After dealing with BCP in one tank prior and my current battle with them, its honestly worth tossing the coral out if you have to. Hopefully you can just transfer to a different plug, but keep a close eye out. These little buggers suck worse than aptasia. I'm about to try treating the tank with Fenbendazole for the first time to try to get rid of my BCP.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new