Invert safe meds

Riverlifewife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having a crisis and need some advice. I have a blood disorder and got extremely ill. My tank got the bare minimum from my husband(he just doesn’t know anything about fish keeping) and now that I’m home and able to get around some, my fish are all sick.....I’ve never had a sick fish before. I came home to one with a cloudy eye, one with what looks like a white area on the edge of his tail, another with white on tail edges, and one that looks filmy on his belly. Appears to all be bacterial or fungal. Apparently, over feeding, no water changes, and no cleaning. The water smelled horrible. The substrate, I think was poisoning everything. I took all of it out. Now it’s bare bottom with just the live rock. The water is clear now but how to I heal my fish? Can I treat the entire tank? What’s best to use? I need something invert safe. There’s no way I can take all the shrimp, crabs and snails out. I can take some pics and post them if necessary.

Topekoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics please also do you have a spare tank you can QT the fish in? Once we get pics we can diagnose the illnesses. I hope you are feeling better

OP
OP
Riverlifewife

Riverlifewife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cloudy eye and the tail spot.

4878E231-F6E8-4EF5-8C06-BF1C19376458.jpeg CEABC726-968E-47D3-9C57-73A6E382CCF0.jpeg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back