Inverts that get lost in large displays?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I have a Red Sea Max Nano, I have 1 maybe 2 nassarius snails, 1 bumblebee snail, 1 turbo snail, 1 Stenopus scuttelatus and way too many asterina stars (Literally hundreds of them). I would love some more inverts (Shrimp if possible) but don’t know what would mix well, I have had my eye on the Scissor Tail Anemone Shrimp for a while and would love one but I’d also love maybe one or two other shrimp. I’d love to know what my limit for inverts would be, I have 6 fish in there, two are temporary but once those two leave since my tank has been handling 6 fish rather well, I’d love a longfin clownfish and maybe a Yellow Head Jawfish. I’d love to know what inverts you guys would recommend for this tank. The other 4 fish are; Lineatus Blenny, Black Clown Goby, Pink streak wrasse, Yasha goby. (The two temporary fish include a Blue Star Leopard Wrasse and a Naoko fairy wrasse).
image.jpg

I’d rather have inverts that got lost in tanks of 30-50 gallons+ though.
image.jpg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would add a Scarlett Skunk Cleaner shrimp to the mix. I have 3 in my tank and they will actually freak you out when you put your hand in the tank. You may put your hand in the tank for maintenance and all of a sudden feel something on your hand and freak out. I have had my cleaner shrimp freak me out more than once because I just wasn't expecting it. They are simply doing what they do and clean dead skin off of your hands.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would add a Scarlett Skunk Cleaner shrimp to the mix. I have 3 in my tank and they will actually freak you out when you put your hand in the tank. You may put your hand in the tank for maintenance and all of a sudden feel something on your hand and freak out. I have had my cleaner shrimp freak me out more than once because I just wasn't expecting it. They are simply doing what they do and clean dead skin off of your hands.
I love the skunks! I have two in my 4’ too and they really do their job haha, I may have to get a third!

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 sexy shrimp in my 32, I love it, they are always walking and dancing around everything, sometimes I see them sometimes I don't. Very cool little guys.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got hold of some true peppermint shrimp, one got killed by a naoko (Trying to move him into the larger tank today) so next week I hope the LFS has some true peppermints in again…

KMCA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aww... I was hoping it'd be a skunk shrimp. Mine is a joy.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why don't you try a harlequin shrimp , they are beautiful plus you have a food source for them .

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why don't you try a harlequin shrimp , they are beautiful plus you have a food source for them .
I feel like they’d starve even with my nano being overrun by asterenas.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aww... I was hoping it'd be a skunk shrimp. Mine is a joy.
I love my two skunks in my 4’ display!! I didn’t want one in my nano because I wanted something not as commonly seen in larger displays. Still look at them as an option though when I see them in the LFS.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back