ION Director - measuring Ca + Mg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would likely be limited to just the US since copper fish meds have also been banned in Canada (although I'm sure they can still get copper sulfate). With so many people who do treat for copper complaining about the cost of a Hanna checker I can't see many paying 10 times that for an automatic tester.

To my knowledge we can still get copper sulphate and technically we can still get copper we just have to take a chance on ordering it lol Not that Canada is a massive market anyway. And people are willing to pay $1000 for an alk monitoring device I'm sure if it was appropriately priced the potential livestock it would save maintaining proper copper levels throughout QT could save some aquarists a fair bit of money and pay for itself in the short term. And yes I do realize it's very important to maintain steady levels of ALK Cal and Mag all the time in a tank to prevent coral losses which could be thousands but losses in QT can cost some reefers atleast that.

It's funny how people complain about the cost of devices that if properly used can save them tons of money long term with reduced livestock losses.

Like I said it's all hypothetical here. Just something I know I'd be willing to buy along with the Ion Director and the KH Director as I think it would seriously help me with my QT procedures for my new build.

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to say thank you to everyone who has contributed so far to this thread and our Ion Director poll. All of this great information will really help us in fine-tuning the product you deserve.

Once we have some more news to share, we'll let you all know!

Let's keep the discussion going. :)
Thank you Vinny for all the work.

Building out my cabinet for all the rest of the toys.
Ill be able to fit a lot more GHL devices with this.

20190511_163848.jpeg

Dukeap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the question that everyone wants to know is when will it be released ? Not looking for a date but rough amount, base on testing and checking how long the probes will last, i would say maybe a year or two before is out on the market? Or is it closer then what we think?

Thanks for the positive feedback about our probes. Yes, we have always used the best probes I could find, I did a lot of tests and research. All probes are made in Germany, from the same 2 companies for 20 years now. All pH and ORP probes are double junction probes, we never had the cheaper single junction version.
I wrote something about this in our FAQ here:
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/support/faqs/#1544275617719-e411fbea-c9e7
(just enter "double" in the search field to find that article quicker)

The probes for the ION Director are a completely different technology, that's why I have to do here a lot of testing until we can offer the ION Director with confidence. The accuracy, but also the life span and the (recurring) costs are here the key factors.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is still my plan to show the fully functional and nearly final version at Macna end of August and to start selling November 2019.
Looking forward to seeing this at Macna this year!

Will the initial release only be Calc and Mg?

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bigshow Frags out of Hamilton Ont. I get my GHL and Fauna Marin through them.

Okay that's what I thought, pretty sure they are the only GHL dealer here in Canada and where I got my doser but wanted to know if maybe there was another option.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay that's what I thought, pretty sure they are the only GHL dealer here in Canada and where I got my doser but wanted to know if maybe there was another option.
No other option but dealing with Dave. That can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your history with him.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chiming in... I’d rather wait and get phosphate included vs not having phosphate. Loving the KHDirector, just set it up!
I want more details personally. If I had to guess, you will get to sample for 2 or 3 different compounds/elements. You can probably even switch what is measured by changing out the probe and telling the software what you are actually measuring.
Maybe dreaming because this is how I would love to see it, but I suspect it is what they are working toward.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No in USA but their site say USA and Canada. Just shot them an email. Vinny is amazing.

With the extra shipping fees, border fees and taxes it's not worth it buying from an American vendor if a Canadian one is available. But it's good to know they are good to work with either way:)

No other option but dealing with Dave. That can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your history with him.

I tried getting Ray from reefsupplies.ca to start carrying GHL again and he said they wouldn't touch GHL again. But it's good to know that Dave is atleast decent to work with for the most part depending on your relationship with him:p

Dukeap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats sounds great actually, just keep us up to date and let us know the truth about whats going on. I dont think most will get upset as long as its the truth, we all know delays happen. I personally would rather wait and get a perfect working machine then one that will have all types of issues. Like i said before if you needed tester let me know. Am not sure if you all ready have a group or some where to sign up for. I cant wait to see it at macna since am local I will sure be there.

It is still my plan to show the fully functional and nearly final version at Macna end of August and to start selling November 2019.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So many testing instruments being released. Which do we choose and why and where will this technology be in 5 years. We are going fully automated.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back