royaltanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, my name's Marco, I manage all the Royaltanks Pages. I am writing this first post to tell you about my experience as a Beta-tester with the ion director.
For many months I've had the opportunity to be a Beta-tester of this product, interacting with a very professional team that, based on the impressions of the testers, had adapted and perfected the various components that give life to the IOND.

file.jpg

What about it?
The ION Director is a control tool designed to improve the management of the most important parameters of a marine aquarium, allowing them to be measured with a simple button. It is also possible to program a periodic test (automatically) by simultaneously measuring:
  • Magnesium
  • Calcium
  • Potassium
  • Sodium
  • Nitrates
The ranges in which the values are classified as "optimal" can be modified and an alarm can be set to warn us in the event of significant changes.

file.jpeg

What are the most important components of the IOND?

The most important components are:
  • MUI Multi-Sensor
  • Slave Doser 2.1
  • IOND Reference A
  • IOND Reference B
  • 8 m of the Flex PVC
  • Power supply 24V and more.

file.jpg

Steps
As a first step, the doser pump draws the water from the aquarium and brings it inside the IOND, however favoring the escape of all the liquid deriving from the old measurement (remember to always calibrate the doser before use, this significantly changes the quality of the test).
Once all the liquid has been replaced, the water analysis begins and the computer launches the doser input to dose also the Reference A and B liquids. The test obviously takes place inside the body of the IOND where the MUI multi sensor does the dirty work and returns all the values. We can choose between a standard mode (almost 21 minutes) and HP mode (almost 30 minutes), both very precise. Standard mode can be more useful for those who wish to test more than once per day while consuming less reference fluids (9ml) per test, while the HP mode slightly more reference fluid is consumed (14ml).
All the waste liquid is released into a separate container, while the extra aquarium liquid returns to the sump.
Below is a short video about starting the measurement.

Conclusion
After several months of testing and studying the machine, I can say that the progress made have been significant, the precision and quality of the tests are now close to perfection and GHL has delayed the release for months to ensure that this was possible. Allow me to make a personal note about the tests that the machine performs:
For correct operation, it is advisable to strictly follow each step indicated in the manual, with the aid of a filter provided by GHL makes sure that the water drawn by the Sump is without residues and / or foreign bodies that can compromise the life of the MUI multi-sensor.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the excellent write up and taking the time to do it

Upvote 0

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks very much for sharing.

How long did you find it takes for the device to “settle” and provide consistent results?

Have you been surprised by any of the results and/or adjusted anything in the tanks as a result of them?

Cheers, Tony

Upvote 0
OP
OP
royaltanks

royaltanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks very much for sharing.

How long did you find it takes for the device to “settle” and provide consistent results?

Have you been surprised by any of the results and/or adjusted anything in the tanks as a result of them?

Cheers, Tony
The initial work as a betatester gave the possibility to optimize the results of the device more and more, thus leading to a progressive improvement of the results. What I can assure you is that they did not leave anything to chance, they did not stop at good results, they sought and obtained the perfection of the tests.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
royaltanks

royaltanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i do not see any video links
You can see the video on my blog. :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
royaltanks

royaltanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About how long do the consumables last?
It depends on how you use it. There is the possibility of performing high precision tests (with a higher consumption of liquids) and a stardard mode more suitable for the daily use of the product. You can also decide to take tests every day or every now and then. I start with 2 weeks doing tests every day, then I go down to 1 measurement every 3 and so on, that is when I am sure I have found stability with the Balling.

Upvote 0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back