ION director reference fluid questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Matthias Gross @Vinny@GHLUSA @Support@GHLUSA
1. How much of the reference fluid comes with the ION Director?

2. What’s the cost of the reference fluid per container?

3. What are the sizes of the containers of the reference fluids?

4. Will the reference containers have the caps that can be directly attached to the doser?

MabuyaQ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Matthias Gross @Vinny@GHLUSA @Support@GHLUSA
1. How much of the reference fluid comes with the ION Director?

2. What’s the cost of the reference fluid per container?

3. What are the sizes of the containers of the reference fluids?

4. Will the reference containers have the caps that can be directly attached to the doser?

From this site: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/ion-director-automated-ca-mg-k-na-and-no3-testing-made-easy/

Ad1: 2x 500ml
Ad2: unknown only reasonable is mentioned.
Ad3: 500ml and 1000 ml
Ad4: unknown

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned above, answers are in the website.

2. Costs still in negotiation with supplier.
4. No. Not everyone pulls fluid straight from the original bottles. Adding these fittings only adds to the end-user cost.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My other question would be how many tests can you get before both bottles run out.
We kind of need to know if we need to order extra bottles at the start, so we know if the Cal fluids will last for X months doing X amount of tests per day.
A lot of this stuff is typically wasted in the first few weeks due to the learning curve and the enthusiasm to run more tests than may be needed.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that 10ml out of the 1500ml total or 10ml per bottle? If one bottle is twice the size of the other I figure that they are using double the amount out of the 1000ml per calibration.

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that 10ml out of the 1500ml total or 10ml per bottle? If one bottle is twice the size of the other I figure that they are using double the amount out of the 1000ml per calibration.
The bottles I believe will be in 500 or 1000ml size so 50 or 100 tests respectively. Possibility of more because they are aiming between 5-10ml needed for each test

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bottles I believe will be in 500 or 1000ml size so 50 or 100 tests respectively. Possibility of more because they are aiming between 5-10ml needed for each test
From what I can see on the front of the unit it uses both calibrations fluids to do a calibration. I am not even going to try and speculate on how this works. It could be a high and low point system or it could be one type of ion charge for one section of the probe and another charge for the other half of the probe. My only assumption is that one liquid is consumed twice as fast as the other.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the reference fluid have a expiration date?
Hi,

It would seem not or in any case at least a year, on the other hand it must be kept away from heat because if there was evaporation the parameters would no longer be valid.

Gaël

pescaire26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The consumtion of reference solution is very high and expensive on a daily basis. I would like to see the option to make measurements every 2 or 3 days. Cheapest option is 1 measurement daily.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back