ION is nearly here...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

kkiel02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So will we need another stand alone doser for this one it sounds like correct?

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Could you do a standalone 2.1 + KH director + slave 2.1 + Ion director?

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice.

Measuring sodium ion was unexpected.

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just hope they learnt their lessons from the KH Director launch debacle.

True it wasn't on the same scale as Trident, but it still annoyed longstanding customers like myself.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The question is how much for the reage.. er calibration fluid ;)
In the description it says "There is no need for reagent liquids for measuring. "
However there are reference A and B ports in front. Also it comes with "Calibration fluids". Looks like this is needed every time you have it do a test.
In order to achieve the maximum possible accuracy, a fully automatic calibration of the sensor is carried out before each measurement.

The KH Reference solution is $19.90 a bottle and reagent is $32.90 So hopefully the Ion reference fluids are the lesser price. That's 1000ml bottles.

OP
OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just recieved the below on email from GHL, a good description and a hint that pricing will be available in a few weeks....
ION Director - New information now available

View this Email in your browser
6b814083-df9b-4a0f-9c84-fb69658e9cbd.png
ION DIRECTOR
New information now available
bcd6941d-f8b1-4c89-9666-2fa21aeb0676.jpg
Automated Ca, Mg, K, Na and NO3 testing made easy!

Achieve the next level of water testing automation with the ION Director (IOND). Through the use of ion-selective technology, the IOND automatically measures and controls Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium and Nitrate levels in saltwater aquariums.

Get a deeper understanding of your aquarium with the IOND. The ION Director can be used alone or together with a KH Director (KHD). Coupled with the KHD for Alkalinity monitoring and control, the IOND and KHD are the perfect tools for controlling your water parameters like never before.

Each parameter can be measured and automatically controlled. If one or more parameters are too low or too high, the IOND can automatically determine how much of an adjustment of attached dosing pumps is needed to maintain stable parameters.
bca444f4-22be-4b32-85f5-1f3764fabba3.jpg
One Multi-Ion sensor and no reagents

On going research and testing has allowed us to specially develop our own multi-ion sensor. No need for a dedicated sensor per parameter plus a reference electrode, no need for single reagents per parameter. Only one multi-ion sensor and reasonably priced reference fluids are required.

NOTE: Above photo shows ION Director without sensor installed. Details and photos of our multi-ion sensor will be unveiled very soon.
0c6dd4aa-ae97-4c1a-984d-6dde724c10e5.png
Ultimate accuracy and precision

As with many things in this hobby, stability is key. Through the use of four dosing pump heads, the IOND effectively performs measurements with lab-grade precision and accuracy, each and every time.
Out of the four pump heads, two are used to transport two separate reference fluids for automatic ion-sensor calibration. The use of these heads eliminate the need to manually calibrate the sensor. This ensures that each test is used with a freshly calibrated sensor, every time.
73dd8e20-1ba1-4bdc-b1d7-29e710ed46ac.png
Pairs perfectly with the KH Director

Fully automate and control the aquarium's most important water parameters with the IOND and KHD.
Perfect integration into GHL Connect

Use the extensive logbook and analysis functions in your app and cloud myGHL.
b5238788-9521-4e4d-8112-f31489474dc6.jpg
817337f4-45d3-4558-ac55-5d927fbac12d.jpg
62665145-4af7-4979-90ce-50a556d03561.jpg
c12e8ae4-4eb7-4e7d-95d7-1db9eb47593e.jpg
ION Director confirmed details
  • Automated Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium and Nitrate testing and control
  • All tests performed with a GHL developed multi-ion sensor for superior precision and accuracy
  • Hardware is prepared for future parameter add-ons
  • Uses only 2 reference fluids for ALL current and future parameters
  • Cost effective reference fluids
  • Automatic sensor calibration before each measurement
  • Automatic data logging and charting
  • Works in conjunction with a 4 pump GHL Doser 2.1
  • Can be used alongside GHL Standalone Doser (no aquarium controller required) or with a ProfiLux 3 or 4 controller
  • ION Director / Doser 2.1 Slave and Standalone packages will be available
  • Controllable through GHL Connect (app, webserver and cloud) and more
More answers to frequently asked questions
  • When will the first IOND be shipped? Scheduled deliveries begin end of 2019.
  • Will there be a pre-order special? Yes.
  • When will the prices be published? In the next upcoming weeks. We have to wait for final calculations.

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really excited about this, Cash is sitting in the bank and waiting, but as far as I know, I haven't heard of anyone actually seeing one in action yet. I was going to go to RAP in Chicago to see it. I'm glad that I didn't because I heard it was non functioning. Does anyone know any more than this? Are there still issues?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are several things GHL has “announced” that has kinda fell off the for sale map... feeder, cooler and Ion... we keep waiting.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I watched it at 1am this morning. I speak a little German but not much. Really didn’t need to when I saw him just waiving around a non functioning unit, I knew it wasn’t going to happen.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sigh... disappointing that the release is getting pushed. But I suppose I would rather have it working and reliable than rush out junk.

U

User1

View Badges
Sigh... disappointing that the release is getting pushed. But I suppose I would rather have it working and reliable than rush out junk.

You do. You save more money in the long run compared to what you might make. Something like this will have a pretty big ripple effect if truth be told. You are starting to see this now with the Mindstream and canceled orders.

If you are already playing in the GHL ecosystem then I think it is wise to wait and not really worry about it. Manual testing is already being done at some level so another day, week, or month isn't going to be a big deal. And depending on what the GHL investment is I don't see one moving.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 29 82.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 8.6%
Back