IONDirector updates

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA Since GHL ratted you out, and we are getting closer to a release date, how about sharing some of your initial thoughts.
1614332837279.png

ChuckTownReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally feel that GHL is doing the right thing by not releasing a product that doesn't meet there standards. Because we all know how it would go with all the posts on here would be if they released it and there was problems with it. People would be crying and trash talking GHL for releasing a product that wasn't ready. Just like everyone does on every new product that comes out to early. Look at how people reacted to the Radion G5s when they first were released everyone was bashing EcoTech for released a product that wasn't ready. Now we have a company that's not releasing there product until they believe it's ready and people still complain about It. It's really sad how people are treating a company that's doing the right thing to release the best product they can. If it takes some extra time who cares. Would you rather have a rushed product that doesn't work and have to send it back or go through all the thing that people went through with the trident. And the trident is still having problems by the way. But I know im going to get backlash for this but I truly do NOT care. I will get my IOND when its ready. Some people just cannot be made happy. Keep up the great work GHL.

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally feel that GHL is doing the right thing by not releasing a product that doesn't meet there standards. Because we all know how it would go with all the posts on here would be if they released it and there was problems with it. People would be crying and trash talking GHL for releasing a product that wasn't ready. Just like everyone does on every new product that comes out to early. Look at how people reacted to the Radion G5s when they first were released everyone was bashing EcoTech for released a product that wasn't ready. Now we have a company that's not releasing there product until they believe it's ready and people still complain about It. It's really sad how people are treating a company that's doing the right thing to release the best product they can. If it takes some extra time who cares. Would you rather have a rushed product that doesn't work and have to send it back or go through all the thing that people went through with the trident. And the trident is still having problems by the way. But I know im going to get backlash for this but I truly do NOT care. I will get my IOND when its ready. Some people just cannot be made happy. Keep up the great work GHL.
When does it become the company’s fault for taking presales too early? 18mos? I think the issue is with communication. Btw- this tactic is not just with their ion director- im still waiting on a $3 part I paid for in April for my kh director

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally feel that GHL is doing the right thing by not releasing a product that doesn't meet there standards.
IOND is already out.
The first expeditions began on May 31.
We can also see the first questions from customers in their German forum.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IOND is already out.
The first expeditions began on May 31.
We can also see the first questions from customers in their German forum.
Where, I have looked but I don't see any posts.
I did see that German Aquarium stores are saying that on the 15th June they will be in stock.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where, I have looked but I don't see any posts.
I did see that German Aquarium stores are saying that on the 15th June they will be in stock.
For exemple

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For exemple
Must be a time difference thing because you made your post this Sunday and those posts are labeled as being made yesterday, Monday.

It's interesting to see that the Germans are complaining just as much as the Americans but even more interesting that Mathias seems to be more than willing to talk to them and explain the current situation with details and an exact time line.

From Matthias to German Forum users:
I understand that after the long wait you finally want to put the IOND into operation. I started programming the IOND functions in the P4, as this is the most common device and most users benefit from it. It made no sense to write the software for all 3 devices at the same time, because all the changes that were necessary during development I would have had to do 3 times, which would have cost a lot more time. So I decided to port the software when the status doesn't change much. This is now the case, the P4 software for IOND is ready and ready to be ported to the other devices. I'm 90% done with the Doser. I'm in the process of testing everything, I think I'll be able to deliver 1.37 in the middle of the week. There will also be a new GCC. The P3 implementation will come after that, and I'll need another week for that. So all in all: approx. 3 days until 1.37 is ready for Doser, approx. 10 days until P3 is ready. Unfortunately, I can't go any faster. As I said, as explained above, it was not possible to finish all 3 devices at the same time.

Last edited:

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The longer this takes the closer I am to canceling. Not because the wait. As it's already been like 2 years. But I'm to the point that I feel it's not even needed. Feel like I do t need it anymore. I never test my mg or ca. Maybe once a month.
I tend to agree with you. I’m finding focusing on alk is all I really need. The Alkatronic may be something to explore.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The longer this takes the closer I am to canceling. Not because the wait. As it's already been like 2 years. But I'm to the point that I feel it's not even needed. Feel like I do t need it anymore. I never test my mg or ca. Maybe once a month.
I think that getting Calcium and Nitrate levels on a daily basis is worthwhile.
Michael I know you have been a very patient guy.
I completely understand your frustration and lack of enthusiasm for the product, but IMHO it really does not make any sense pulling the plug when your this close to delivery. I certainly do understand your frustration. If your really totally not interested in the unit I suggest you still get it and then Flip it in the "For Sale Section" for MSRP. At least you will have made 15% interest on your money ;)

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I know people who never really test Ca and Mg, and prior to my last tank move, my Ca and Mg were particularly boring and predictible, but then suddenly Ca started to rocket out of line with Alk consumption.

Since I've moved the tank and started again with frags, my levels are very changeable even with a stable KH of 8.0 dkh. Each tank and situation is different however.

If you've been holding on to the IonD ticket and don't want it, then I'm sure someone else will take your place or you can ebay it like people did with the Trident at ridiculously inflated prices, although personally, that doesn't agree with my ethics towards other reefers, it happens.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know people who never really test Ca and Mg, and prior to my last tank move, my Ca and Mg were particularly boring and predictible, but then suddenly Ca started to rocket out of line with Alk consumption.

Since I've moved the tank and started again with frags, my levels are very changeable even with a stable KH of 8.0 dkh. Each tank and situation is different however.

If you've been holding on to the IonD ticket and don't want it, then I'm sure someone else will take your place or you can ebay it like people did with the Trident at ridiculously inflated prices, although personally, that doesn't agree with my ethics towards other reefers, it happens.
No no I have no intention to keep it and sell it for more money. If I decide I don't need it. I'll cancel. If I decide to keep it. I'll try it out. If it's not for me. I'll sell it not for a dollar more.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No no I have no intention to keep it and sell it for more money. If I decide I don't need it. I'll cancel. If I decide to keep it. I'll try it out. If it's not for me. I'll sell it not for a dollar more.
I was not suggesting you sell it for an inflated price.
I assume you bought it when they had the discounted price. I see nothing wrong with selling it today for the same price that GHL USA is selling it for.
I am sure there are people who did not pre order but would love to get one as soon as they come out.

As I said I would keep it if I was you. You waited this long, you might as well keep it.

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah, I know, I wasn’t trying to imply anything, but like the Trident, I’m sure there will be a few, although there’s generally less fanboy hysteria with GHL users, I find.

Sooooo, other than a chap in Germany who wants it to work with his Profilux 3, has anyone else had their’s arrive yet? :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back