IONDirector updates

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
CEReefer

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure they are trying to either deal with the delays at the border or with unpacking/distribution.. I am worried that big box stores will have it before the people that preordered it (just because of their buying power).. if that’s their strategy, it would be outrageous

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure they are trying to either deal with the delays at the border or with unpacking/distribution.. I am worried that big box stores will have it before the people that preordered it (just because of their buying power).. if that’s their strategy, it would be outrageous
Nah, they would not be crazy enough to let this show up on BRS website for sale before it gets into the hands of those who pre ordered :oops:

My guess is that they are taking care of the German Pre Order customers first. Not really surprising since Neptune did the same thing with Trident.
It would probably cause a lot of commotion in the German Reef community if Americans were getting them before reefers in Germany.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard here in the US, we won't start to see them until Aug.
Ship date is one thing, delivery is a whole different story.
By ship date you mean from Germany or From Vinny to the customers. At this point I would assume that GHL is not even thinking about sending them via Ocean Freight and It's not like an Air Shipment from Germany of one Pallet of Ion Directors is going to be a big expense.

Honestly I can never figure out the European business model. If all the things they say are true, why not just get some of these units into the hands of Pre-Order customers on this forum. It would certainly be good for public relations!

Last edited:

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
By ship date you mean from Germany or From Vinny to the customers. At this point I would assume that GHL is not even thinking about sending them via Ocean Freight and It's not like an Air Shipment from Germany of one Pallet of Ion Directors is going to be a big expense.

Honestly I can never figure out the European business mind. If all the things they say are true, why not just get some of these units into the hands of Pre-Order customers on this forum. It would certainly be good for public relations!
The new Hanna HR Nitrate checker can make the wait more bearable. I got my pre-order this week and it’s less than 10min a test and looks accurate enough for my needs.

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave up waiting gone with mastertronic and happy with it,now selling off my kh director and get the alkatronic in next couple of weeks.

sgrosenb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA @MatthiasF Any updated news on Ion Director shipments to the US? Greatly appreciate all your hard work and attention to detail on this product and am very excited for it. A small update on what to expect would go a long way for a lot of folks I think. We all got excited about shipments when you mentioned them beginning in May/June. Thanks.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven't learned anything from GHL yet then you need to know that outside of Vinny you aren't going to get a lot of help or info. He isn't going to answer any questions unless it's technical because I'm sure he isnt allowed to.

GHL has made it very apparent that they don't care about being forthcoming with information and no matter how much the squeaky wheel screams....it won't matter.

Sad but true.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received an email from GHL stating that a shipment of IONDs will ship from Germany the first week of August and my IOND will be shipped to me late August.
Well...... Isn't that special???
End of May turns into September. Who'd have thought???

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back