• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What wonderful first world problems. I am debating between an Iphone12, PS5, or the Trident. I have the Iphone 8 and need the upgrade, plus AT&T upgraded the tower to 5G, which is why I didn't get the Iphone 11. My tank is only 32 gallons and I run the Apex and have the DOS and use BRS soda ash and Calcium. I also have the PS4 and I am on it regularly gaming when I am not working 80 hours a week, which is about 3 weeks away. Which would you get?

Johniejumbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a tough question with many variables. Personally I’d get the PS5. But I don’t need a phone upgrade and I’m not real big on tank tech. I run mostly low tech equipment. So my opinion may not line up with you’re priorities.
good problem to have though!

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man decisions decisions lol.

I would finance the phone into two years of monthly payments thru your service provider- most offer interest free and it doesn’t make a dent in the wallet

buy the PS5 if you use it that much and get enjoyment from it.

the trident Is awesome! I want one too lol. But I think the first two you may get more enjoyment from, and you can also wait and pick one up at a later point. Maybe a used one?

good luck- wish I had your problems lol!
HAPPY REEFING!

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would go with iPhone 12. I currently have iPhone 11 and it takes amazing pictures, even better than my DSLR camera lol.

Here‘s one of the pics taken with an iphone with no edits:
B56DE186-970F-4644-9511-9CD706D2BC57.jpeg

OP
OP
Ippyroy

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Iphone 8 has to go. It is worth 300 trade in right now and will plummet quickly. The 12 is in my future regardless. But I can pay cash for one of these fun toys.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well........the new iPhone is just another iPhone, not all that exciting IMO. Your tank is small enough that a Trident probably isn't needed.......but a new PS5 is :)

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
%$&^ the phone for now, let others fight through the new phone bugs and syndromes.
Buy it in a year.

The Trident will allow you more time to play on the upcoming Ps5 if and when it comes out, as you wont spend so much time testing parameters.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone who just recently upgraded from a 32gb iPhone 7 to a 512gb iPhoneX - I would say do the phone. I already know you're out of storage and you wish you had a better camera at the least :D haha

I'm not super high tech in tank testing so Trident is low for me.

You have time to pre order the PS5 for a while still so that's more of an enjoyment thing you could do later (and knowing first gen consoles you may even get a better built system by waiting a couple months of so)..

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if you ask a bunch of reef nerds chances are there gonna pick the trident lol
Trident will save a ton of time. I figure it saves me an hour a week+ and has saved $$$s on ,minimizing lost corals by identifying dosing issues much sooner than I would have by manual testing.

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I say ps5 is because it is a central hub to everything. Music, movies, gaming, entertainment all comes from one box.

in another year there will be a new iPhone. I have read some stories about trident that made me realize I like different controllers for each task, not just one cebreak because if it breaks then your screwed for everything.

FWIW- I’m an Xbox guy. I don’t play many games. But I’d be lost without my music streaming service and movies going to my audiophile grade set up

Back