• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What wonderful first world problems. I am debating between an Iphone12, PS5, or the Trident. I have the Iphone 8 and need the upgrade, plus AT&T upgraded the tower to 5G, which is why I didn't get the Iphone 11. My tank is only 32 gallons and I run the Apex and have the DOS and use BRS soda ash and Calcium. I also have the PS4 and I am on it regularly gaming when I am not working 80 hours a week, which is about 3 weeks away. Which would you get?
Firstly just get the iPhone 12 on a monthly plan for $20 a month. I’m sure you. Can afford $20 a month or you wouldn’t be asking this question lol.

then in terms of trident or PS5 think about it this way.....

If you had a trident... could you commit more free time elsewhere now? I think so :)

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone who just recently upgraded from a 32gb iPhone 7 to a 512gb iPhoneX - I would say do the phone. I already know you're out of storage and you wish you had a better camera at the least :D haha

I'm not super high tech in tank testing so Trident is low for me.

You have time to pre order the PS5 for a while still so that's more of an enjoyment thing you could do later (and knowing first gen consoles you may even get a better built system by waiting a couple months of so)..
I guarantee homie has the 11. lol. He’s got no phone issues.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This for all of you who voted for anything other then the trident. Shame!

334fa909f2931a8826efc7cd2d3dd8be.jpeg
giphy.gif

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO-
I’ve never bought the phone hot off the market. I always wait a few months for the “s” to come out and then half the time I don’t even buy the “s” but the original since it’s now heavily discounted.
If you work 80 hours a week, and working on the tank seems like a labor of love, get the trident.
I’m biased because I’ve never owned a gaming console. I say go outside and rub some dirt on your skin

OP
OP
Ippyroy

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO-
I’ve never bought the phone hot off the market. I always wait a few months for the “s” to come out and then half the time I don’t even buy the “s” but the original since it’s now heavily discounted.
If you work 80 hours a week, and working on the tank seems like a labor of love, get the trident.
I’m biased because I’ve never owned a gaming console. I say go outside and rub some dirt on your skin
I live in West Yellowstone, MT. It is below 0 most mornings. Minus 47 is more the norm than the exception. I spend months on the river fishing most years and I ride a bicycle to get there. But during the 6 plus months of extreme winter I am indoors as much as possible. My gaming console collects dust the rest of the time.

Dominic M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What wonderful first world problems. I am debating between an Iphone12, PS5, or the Trident. I have the Iphone 8 and need the upgrade, plus AT&T upgraded the tower to 5G, which is why I didn't get the Iphone 11. My tank is only 32 gallons and I run the Apex and have the DOS and use BRS soda ash and Calcium. I also have the PS4 and I am on it regularly gaming when I am not working 80 hours a week, which is about 3 weeks away. Which would you get?
None RTX 3080 lol

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How did you manage this with just the stock camera ?
Haha. iPhone 11 camera is extremely clear and I just use the acrylic box to block out the flow and light reflections, then I take pictures simply by focusing on the subject and pressing the button on my phone

Here‘s another pic:
75D48892-7364-4480-9600-3D04C9EA1296.jpeg

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in West Yellowstone, MT. It is below 0 most mornings. Minus 47 is more the norm than the exception. I spend months on the river fishing most years and I ride a bicycle to get there. But during the 6 plus months of extreme winter I am indoors as much as possible. My gaming console collects dust the rest of the time.

I think you are quite a lucky fellow to have that living situation. Even with 6 months of extreme cold.

Philly Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iphone 12 is not out yet... PS5 is also not out yet...

Not sure if you can finance Trident for 0% interest. Here is how I would do it.

Get a cc with 0% 12/18 month introductory rate. Then get trident now. Pay it off in the next few months ( $500 / 5) $100 per month. Unless you already pre-ordered PS5, or you are extremely lucky, you won't be getting that this year. By the time you already paid off the trident. Then get PS5. Finance that on the same card.

Iphone rumor said this month. But you can finance that with your phone provider.

Done!!! get all 3 is my vote

Last edited:

MrDLHughesY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha. iPhone 11 camera is extremely clear and I just use the acrylic box to block out the flow and light reflections, then I take pictures simply by focusing on the subject and pressing the button on my phone

Here‘s another pic:
75D48892-7364-4480-9600-3D04C9EA1296.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back