iPhone photography

jld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2792.JPG cheap fix

single layer of a yellow or orange plastic clear ones work good... tiny rubber band holding it over lens

ymmv - you prob have some in a drawer right now to try

tvu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just order some filters for 99 cents off eBay. I did that for my GoPro clone

WarEaglesReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Camera+ for the iPhone is a great app for having total manual control of exposure and white balance (along with lots of other settings most people won't use). Usually I'll underexpose about a half stop and then add on their redscale filter and adjust the slider to about 10-15%. It helps pull a lot of the extra blue out and gets you a truer color to what your eyes see without having to use gel filters.

The app costs a couple bucks I believe, but it's the best app out there IMO.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Camera+ for the iPhone is a great app for having total manual control of exposure and white balance (along with lots of other settings most people won't use). Usually I'll underexpose about a half stop and then add on their redscale filter and adjust the slider to about 10-15%. It helps pull a lot of the extra blue out and gets you a truer color to what your eyes see without having to use gel filters.

The app costs a couple bucks I believe, but it's the best app out there IMO.

Commenting because of your username. WDE.

Now on topic, I followed the instructions for Snapseed on here and have gotten pretty decent pictures.

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use my polarized sunglasses as a filter. These were taken with an iPhone 7 Plus right before the lights went out for the night (extreme blues). The first is without the filter, second picture is with.
IMG_6034.JPG

IMG_6037.JPG

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
off topic, but being over a year later wondering how's the leather doing surrounded by the gsp?

Every so often I remove the GSP from around (and on) the leather. The leather had been thriving and has almost outgrown the tank. When fully open, the leather comes out of the water.
The main issue I have is the GSP is trying to grow under the leather. This may not be entirely bad though...as big as the leather is growing this may make it easier to remove from the rock and relocate lower in the tank on its own rock.

My mini max carpet anemone decided to crawl across the leather at one point also. Did not know exactly how that was going to work out, but the leather did not seem to mind.

These pictures are from May (This is after an 11 hour move in December also). There is a piece of the leather attached to a separate rock that sits on the bottom of the tank (I outlined it in red). So the leather reaches from the very bottom of the tank to out of the water.
D7A3CD4B-400E-4ECB-9F45-BBBD09751A6D.jpeg
AF47D905-F7F2-4000-9CE4-C7A2C0247B77.jpeg

BA562AE7-4EA4-4138-8162-04DA0F51D7D1.jpeg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 83 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back