Randy Live Stream Event June 25 at 7 pm

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2014
Messages
91,473
Reaction score
96,465
Location
Massachusetts, United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The YouTube and Reef2Reef event will be Thursday, June 25 at 7 pm EST. In case anyone missed the announcement in the main forum, here it is:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/l...-tell-us-what-you-want-to-talk-about.1161279/
I rarely do public reef speaking (3 times in 30+ years, I think, due to time constraints) and no online events, but there's a first for everything. I've done a million work zooms and teams meetings, so I'm anticipating something similar. Hope that isn't misguided. lol

I'll likely give a little background on myself and my tanks, but then it will open up for any type of discussion and questions folks want. Rev will moderate so posting topics or questions to that other thread will help keep it focused on things people want to hear. No question is too easy! Some softballs would be nice along with the harder ones that have no definitively known answer .

While my tank will be dark at that time, I'm hoping to take a video of it to use as a looping background. That will certainly stretch my skills, so I may reach out for help. lol

Hope to see you there, and Happy Reefing!
 
Guess I didn’t realize R2R had a YouTube channel.

Will set a reminder to try and join the video.
 
Thanks for doing this, Randy, I know a lot of us will really appreciate it!
 
For sure a nice format!!
Its at 1 in the morning over here, but ill try to join aswell.

all the best, Christoph

I hope you can make it. If you do, I’ll try to not put you to sleep. lol
 
The YouTube and Reef2Reef event will be Thursday, June 25 at 7 pm EST. In case anyone missed the announcement in the main forum, here it is:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/l...-tell-us-what-you-want-to-talk-about.1161279/
I rarely do public reef speaking (3 times in 30+ years, I think, due to time constraints) and no online events, but there's a first for everything. I've done a million work zooms and teams meetings, so I'm anticipating something similar. Hope that isn't misguided. lol

I'll likely give a little background on myself and my tanks, but then it will open up for any type of discussion and questions folks want. Rev will moderate so posting topics or questions to that other thread will help keep it focused on things people want to hear. No question is too easy! Some softballs would be nice along with the harder ones that have no definitively known answer .

While my tank will be dark at that time, I'm hoping to take a video of it to use as a looping background. That will certainly stretch my skills, so I may reach out for help. lol

Hope to see you there, and Happy Reefing!
Good luck. You will be a hit!

For the jitters, just imagine your audience is naked. You will be fine, or so creeped out that nervousness will not be an option. By the way, I’ll have my PJ’s on.
 
Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN
 
Thanks for attending folks. I hope people enjoyed it. My wife says my full tank shot I showed was a crappy picture of the tank so I’ll be posting more to my tank and learn thread. lol
 
Sorry that I missed, I was at an evening meeting. I hope that it went well!
 
Catching up on the video now. I knew a bit of Randy's background but hearing the broader context is amazing. We should have these more often if Randy is ip to it. I am 10 mins in and think that this is great stuff for everyone at all interested in how their reef works.
 
Thank you so much @revhtree and @Randy Holmes-Farley for the stream!

You have really nailed the balance between making chemistry accessible to newcomers and still keeping it engaging for those of us who have taken a few steps down the rabbit hole ourselves.

Personally, I would love to see you go even deeper into the details, but I completely understand that this might be too much for others, and that over-complicating things could take the fun out of it for you guys. I think you guys having fun is an important part of keeping the stream enjoyable for everyone, so please don't take this as pressure for changing anything at all!

Just know that if you ever want to nerd out a little more, there's at least one viewer here who would be very happy about it! 😁
 
I expect we will tweak the format to get the most use out of it. It would be nice for it to become more interactive with the audience, but how to do that remains to be seen.

A future format might be some sort of brief presentation of a particular topic followed by questions and discussion on it or anything else, but I don’t really know what the software is able to do.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new