iPhone X users

twerdine92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys use to get the best pictures?

I have a TruVu lens, and I’ve also tried the Aquarium Cam app on the App Store. My pictures come out alright, but I’d like to improve.

Any suggestions?
IMG_4086.JPG
IMG_4084.JPG
IMG_4080.JPG
IMG_4081.JPG
IMG_3866.JPG
IMG_3849.JPG

tdowning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get some yellow/orange lenses that will negate the blues in your tank and will make your pictures pop more!

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have an IphoneX and i use it sometimes but cell phone cameras are blahh. but anyway I have one of these gel samples and choose the proper yellow gel out of it for my Radion setting
https://www.adorama.com/rosb.html?g...RbWw0RfLQgiAQM28T-KnfL1ihCOUl1d4aAgITEALw_wcB
I normally use my Fuji witha Custom WB for the tank but this is something in a pinch.
here are few shots taken with it. My radion is set on a bluer setting so if i dont use the filter the images look like 1 large blue blob.
It works in a pinch and a but load cheaper then a filter they sell and i have that aquarium photo app as well and that thing is garbage
chalice by jon duboy, on Flickr
frogspawn by jon duboy, on Flickr
zoas by jon duboy, on Flickr

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an IphoneX and i use it sometimes but cell phone cameras are blahh. but anyway I have one of these gel samples and choose the proper yellow gel out of it for my Radion setting
https://www.adorama.com/rosb.html?g...RbWw0RfLQgiAQM28T-KnfL1ihCOUl1d4aAgITEALw_wcB
I normally use my Fuji witha Custom WB for the tank but this is something in a pinch.
here are few shots taken with it. My radion is set on a bluer setting so if i dont use the filter the images look like 1 large blue blob.
It works in a pinch and a but load cheaper then a filter they sell and i have that aquarium photo app as well and that thing is garbage
chalice by jon duboy, on Flickr
frogspawn by jon duboy, on Flickr
zoas by jon duboy, on Flickr
Great colors! Thanks for the filter recommendation! Just placed an order.

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
cant beat it for under $2 plus you get so many filters in different graduations of color that you can pick the filter that best works with your light settings. it can be a PITA holding the gel to the camera but thats because i dont want to cut any of mine out. if you cut it out it would make it much easier to use. When I get home I will tell you the exact filter I am using so you can start with that as a jumping off point for your lights
If you want to buy local you can see if any places carry near you. Some paint/light shops carry them
https://us.rosco.com/en/about-us/where-to-buy

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back